Creon User Reviews

Creon - User Reviews

Creon User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Creon sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: epalson, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 22

I have found it is very important to take this drug EVERY time I eat even if only 1 cracker. Otherwise it doesn't work. Biggest problem I have is paying for it

Comment from: dely parrish0o3, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 05

it helps me tremendously in helping me to digest my food. it has worked better than the other pancrealipase medications taken previously.

Comment from: jingle, 65-74 (Patient) Published: December 10

I had a Whipples Resection & am unable to digest anything without Creon. This works well but it is very hard to judge the amount needed with meals & when dosage incorrect then stools very soft & oh so smelly as is the wind. Still without it I would be in BIG trouble so yes it is a great lifeline for me.

Related Reading: Creon

Comment from: Celeste :), 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 01

I have a lot of food intolerances and this has helped me tremendously absorb those foods and additives which I sometimes cannot avoid! C:)

Comment from: kris-10, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 29

I am taking this Creon b/c I have pancreatic insufficiency brought on by alcohol abuse. I don't seem to fit the profile as most of you, but the instructions for this RX are to take it with food (BEFORE) you eat. Often, I skip meals because I also have acid reflux and nausea and I find myself repulsed by many foods. I use nutritional shakes to keep my nutrition up, but is Creon helping me if I don't eat, or just drink a nutritional shake?

Comment from: whiskers1, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 13

As far as digesting foods it works fine. My problem following bipass surgery, I was found to have, hepatic biliary disease. The appropriate meds where ordered. then when speaking with the M.D., about another disorder I have which require narcotic tx. He ordered the creon. I think he misunderstood, I was not having any problems with constapation, but bouts of diarrhea. Now my stools are so soft it's difficult to defecate. I was wandering if I could add metamucil to manage this problem? I will talk to my Doctor at my next visit because, of the multiple disorders I have but feel this might be the answere I need at the correct dosage. I like to see what others think about my problem, perhaps they are having the same problem. Thank you.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: Scott, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 18

I had Necrotic Pancreatitis My pancreas exploded and began devouring my internal organs. Several procedures later I am getting better. I take 4 of the 2400 capsules with meals and 2 with snacks. It seems the larger dose has helped and kept me almost pain free in what's left of my pancreas.

Related Reading: Pancreatitis

Comment from: Deanasme, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 09

I have only been on the medication for a few days, but already the differnce is remarkable. I have chronic pancreatitus and had a distal pancentectominy in May, ever since then I have not been able to eat, especially fatty foods, without severe pain. Now when I take a pill before eating I don't have any pain. I also have a ton of energy since taking the medication, that I don't remember ever having! I guess my body is finally turning food to energy like it's supposed to!

Comment from: Richoe, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 27

I have ben taking Creon for a couple of onths due to inability to gain weight following Whipple procedure, as well as abdominal pain. I take 24000 units with each meal. I have been having abdominal discomfort for the past two eeeks, diarrhea at times and constipation at other times. The bowel excreted has a terrible odor. I have not gained any weight. I am tempted to discontinue the creon, but will wait to see my doctor next week before doing anything.

Related Reading: abdominal pain | constipation

Comment from: William, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 28

I have suffered with acute pancreatitus on 4 occasions resulting in hospitalisation. This was initially caused by excess alcohol. I now suffer with chronic pancreatitus and have had 3 spells in hospital. Last year I had sever pain throughout my abdomin which resulted in an extended stay in hospital. For the past year I have not had any alcohol resulting in a remarkable easing in the pain side. Before my stint in hospital I was taking opiates in tablet and liquid form as well as paracetamol and in hospital changed to fentanyl patches rated at 50mcg/hr. I take Creon oral in the 10000 capsules. I have found that taking 2 with meals and 1 with snacks works well. I also take 1 with the drink supplements. I have now stopped using the fentanyl patches and seem to control the pain with just paracetamol and oramorph at night. I have also increased my weight from the 9 stone average to some 11 stone. I am suffering with joint pain which is currently being investigated. Without the creon I believe I would not be able to digest my food as prior to using this RX I had difficulty in eating and so establishing and maintaining a sensible weight.