Crestor User Reviews

Crestor - User Reviews

Crestor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Crestor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: tabbi1516!aol.com, 45-54 (Patient) Published: March 19

I just filled my perscription today for crestor, i am a person that does not believe in taking medication for my ailments. After reading all the reviews on crestor, I will not be taking it. I will go to my health store and buy a natural supplement to help me lower my cholesterol. thank you all for all of your reviews !

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 03

I've been taking 5mg of Crestor for 22 months. I didn't notice any side effects at all - right away that is. I did have fatigue and muscle weakness and was always tired but likened that to beginning "the change". Then it began.... muscle cramps and Plantar Fasciitis. Muscle cramps in the calfs, arches of both feet, toes and the pain from the PF was unbearable. Doctor gave me Kenalog shots in the feet but the relief was very brief. Finally sent me to a podiatrist. I told him I thought it was the crestor causing all this pain. I got off it and began Provastatin but only took it for 1 week when I decided to conduct an experiment to prove my point. In less than 1 week of being off the crestor, I have not had but 1 leg cramp. The leg cramps (in my opinion) are what led to the plantar fasciitis of my feet. I'm hoping it will subside in time as it is very painful. I've taken Policosanol combined with grape seed extract, COQ10 and niacin before and it worked wonderfully but I can't find it anymore. I had gotten it at a health food store.

Comment from: cabl1962, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 07

this drug should be pulled from the market. I have the lowest dosage possible prescribed to take once a day. I have about 10 out all those severe problems with the drugs as outlined in the side effects section. I have stopped taking the drug.

Published: March 24

My father got "the rare, but serious side effect" mentioned on the crestor tv commercials. He has had severe pain and weakness mainly in his hips for over 3 years with no diagnosis. Pain meds barely help because they couse fatigue, and don't always reduce his pain. He rarely can make it to work anymore. A lawsuit isnt even in the question, we talked to lawyers. He continues to see doctors. We just hope and pray something or someone will be able to, if not cure, then treat this issue. So becareful what you take because this has had a huge impact on our family. There are several other people with a similar side effect and not much is being done about it. No one should have to go through this and live the way my father does.

Comment from: jennie1, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 14

My doctor prescribed it for me for borderline high cholesterol: said though my numbers weren't that bad, because I'm a diabetic, needed to lower them. I didn't take it until December 14 after diabetic class convinced me I should. Friday 18 while driving my car, had bad chest pain, went to e.r. thinking I was having heart attack. It was not heart attack. Kept taking crestor, about ten days later developed severe leg pain. Had a previously made appointment with cardiologist, told about leg pain; told to see family physician. Couldn't get reasonably soon appt. so went to urgent care. I mean, this is severe pain. Doc at urgent care said stop taking crestor, did some blood tests. I believe crestor is to blame for my chest pain and my leg pain. I think the doctors in U.S. are too much in drug companies pocket and don't care what it does to us as long as they continue to make LOTS of money.

Related Reading: chest pain | heart attack

Comment from: Wilno35, 65-74 (Patient) Published: November 12

Caused tinitis,(loss of balance, rushing sound in ears), also caused memory loss & confusion, severe depression, constantly decreasing quality of life.

Comment from: anita, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 15

Dr. increased dosage from 20mg. to 40 mg. Since this increase i have had swelling of hands and severe leg cramps in calves at night. Unable to sleep due to this. He has the nerve to prescribe 2 other cholesterol drugs on top of this to try to get it under control. I think I won't take the other two. Need a new doctor. I think I'm being over medicated!

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 27

After having severe cramping in legs and feet with Lipitor, my doctor put me on Crestor 3 times a week. Took it for approximately 2 months. During that time my muscles began aching to the point that getting up and walking was painful. Every muscle in my body ached, from fingers to toes. After bloodwork, my cholesterol levels came down somewhat. I read that Crestor can also increase blood sugar levels, so this concerned me as I've been borderline high. Well, that same bloodwork indicated that my glucose level had increased almost 30 points. I stopped the Crestor because my muscles just hurt too bad and I wanted to see if it was related. I haven't had it for almost 2 weeks now. I feel 100% better and the muscle aches are almost gone. I can move again. No more of that for me!

Related Reading: Lipitor

Cholesterol Management

Tips to keep it under control.