Cymbalta User Reviews

Cymbalta - User Reviews

Cymbalta User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cymbalta sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Gwenid, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 08

I have been on this medication for two weeks now , after taking Zoloft for a long time it was not working anymore . I could not get out of bed, having problems at work, and it was affecting my personal life really bad. after being on Cymbalta for two weeks now I feel like a whole new woman . I actually get out of bed and enjoy my family , clean my house and the best is that I am smiling! I haven't smiled for a long time. My oldest Brother was killed in Iraq Jan/2/2011 after that happened I fell into a dark hole and could not get out! I am thankful that now I feel much better and plan on getting better each day! THANK YOU FOR READING!

Related Reading: Zoloft

Comment from: lsc@kunzelman.net, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 25

Over the last fifteen years, I have tried many antidepressants. None worked. When I went to my doctor and described my aches and pains along with saddness and lack of energy, she prescribed Cymbalta. It started working in about a month with no side effects. My mood is up along with my energy level and pain is gone. Depression runs on my mothers side of the family. I'm so glad I didn't quit my antidepressant search.

Comment from: cjofthevine@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 21

My feet are freezing all the time. I get upset and angry easily. Suicidal thoughts. Become a hermit. No sex drive. Can't achieve orgasm. Weird or bad dreams. Abdominal cramps. Urination hesitation too almost wetting myself. More depressed. Confused, can't think straight. Irrational behavior at times. Weight gain. Hungry a lot. Just want too be left alone. No energy at all.

Comment from: nurseinwhite, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 29

Cymbalta has helped my anxiety, my depression and my nerve pain in my neck and shoulder. I didn't think one drug could do so much. I smile alot more these days. Everyone says I'm alot more pleasant to be around. I don't find myself yelling at the kids for the least little things or wanting to sleep my life away. This little pill has been a lifesaver. I know feel like going out and doing things I didn't want to do before. I didn't want to believe I was depressed I thought I could handle everything on my own. The job I'd wanted all my life had turned into something I hated getting up to get ready to go do everyday. Now I'm loving my job again. Cymbalta has gave me my life back. I only hope it helps everyone else who tries it as much as it has helped me.

Comment from: TocMom, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 02

I am very glad Cymbalta is available. Each person reacts differently to a medication; please understand this when talking to your medical professional. I have been on Cymbalta for a few years now. I tried other anti-depressants and this is the one that worked for me. I used to think there was "no lift in life" and everything was a huge effort - while life is not perfect, Cymbalta sure helps. I don't feel the need to switch meds or stop taking it. Please folks, respect someone else's chemical makeup and realize what works for you may or may not work for them.

Comment from: BrettnNM, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 21

Cymbalta, The Wonder Drug Hi there. Over the past 10 years, I have taken: Prozac, Paxil (yikes!), Celexa, Lexapro, Zoloft, Effexor XR, Serzone, Trazodone, Elavil, and Pamelor. In most cases, either the side effects were intolerable or there was something "missing." When I began treatment with Cymbalta, something clicked - and it felt wonderful. Over the past couple of years, I've been on/off it due to insurance b.s. A little over two months ago, I resumed taking Cymbalta 60mg/day. My depression began to lift within two-three weeks, then after a month, my fibromyalgia symptoms decreased and my chronic back pain is GONE. The only side effects I've noticed are: very mild decrease in libido (hence only 4/5 stars on ease of use), a bit of sweating, and occasionally a tad of urinary hesitation. I'm guessing that Cymbalta has just the right balance of serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibition. (unlike most other SNRIs) Though it can be a bit pricey depending on your insurance, I believe it is well worth it. Honestly, I would recommend this medication to anyone- especially to those who have not responded to SSRIs and also those who suffer from the double-whammy of depression and a chronic pain syndrome. Best of luck!

Related Reading: Prozac | Celexa | Lexapro

Comment from: Gladtobealive, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 22

I took Cymbalta for over a year. After that year I started having dizzy spells, heart palpatations, and anxiety attacks. My doctor thought that maybe these were a side affect of the Cymbalta. Instead of switching to a different antidepressant I decided to attempt to get off it. My Doctor started me on a step down process of removing me from Cymbalta. IT WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!! I followed his instructions to a T. Slowly weening myself off. As the days went on things got worse and worse. I was so dizzy I couldn't get off the couch, I began to have thoughts of suicide. I was so screwed up in the head. All I wanted was for everything to just go away. I took a whole bottle of Xanax. I wanted to just go away. I wanted to leave my life. I thought that my family would be better off without me. My son and husband found me passed out on the floor and called an ambulance. I spent two weeks in the hospital. I worked with doctors to change my drugs, and I am now happy, healthy, and have a wonderful life. My doctor stated to me after everything was fixed "We were poisoning you with that drug". I COMPLETELY agree with him. I am soo thankful to my Lord that he didn't take me home that day. Every time I hear someone mention this drug I cringe. Yes it helped me for a year, but the process of trying to get off of it, almost killed me. I encourage anyone who is talking with their doctor about taking Cymbalta, to really look at things, look for alternatives, know FOR SURE that this is the medication for you. Because it sure wasn't for me.

Related Reading: Xanax