Cymbalta User Reviews

Cymbalta - User Reviews

Cymbalta User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cymbalta sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: somebody30, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 03

I began taking Cymbalta approx 1 yr ago. Overall, it worked great for my depression. A few months after starting, I began to gain weight despite eating right. I have also been trying to quit smoking so my doctor switched me to Wellbutrin recently. I have not taken Cymbalta for a week now and I wish I would just not wake up. I had intense withdrawals from stopping Effexor XR in the past and hoped to never experience that again. My doctor told me to discontinue Cymbalta without weaning off. I will make it a point not to see him while I am going thru the withdrawals because I just might hurt him. I have never felt so awful in my life. I have severe brain zaps that have increased within the past week, body aches, chills, visual disturbances, dizziness, extreme anger at any given moment, extreme sadness at any given moment, and thoughts of wanting to die. I have put my husband and children through hell the past week and from what I have read, it will only get worse until my body is completely free of the drug. For anyone out there thinking of beginning an antidepressant, read all you can about the drug including the withdrawal symptoms. I have taken at least six different antidepressants over the past 10 years and all of them worked, but only for awhile. I work for a neurologist who treats fibromyalia and diabetic neuropathies and have seen patients who would rather deal with the pain than the side effects of Cymbalta. I think it is strange that the clinical trials and studies have not been published regarding Cymbalta. We are like lab rats enabling these pharmacutical companies to make a profit. Depression is something no one should have to deal with but honestly, I would rather be depressed than want to kill myself. Thankfully, my family and friends have been there for me, if not, I wouldn't be here. Please research before starting any antidepressant. They only work for awhile and then you are left dealing with the horrific withdrawal symptoms.

Related Reading: smoking | Wellbutrin

Comment from: ByeByePain, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 03

I suffer from severe migraine headaches, and more recently very severe fibromyalgia. My doctor prescribed Cymbalta 60mg. WOW -- I literally feel like a new person!! Cymbalta is the ***BEST***. I did discover that it works best if taken in the MORNING vs. evening.

Related Reading: migraine