Cyproheptadine User Reviews

Cyproheptadine - User Reviews

Cyproheptadine User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cyproheptadine sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Published: September 28

THIS MEDICATION REALLY HELPED WITH WEIGHT GAIN. I WENT FROM 106LBS TO 126LBS IN ABOUT 2-3 MONTHS

Comment from: piscatellix3, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 02

After taking this med for 2 months, my 10 yr old son has gained 14 lbs. His previous weight was 60 lbs. He's now an (almost) hefty 74 lbs!

Comment from: tsanders, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 12

This medication has helped me gain the weight I have always wanted. I went from a size 0 to a size 4 in 2 months.

Comment from: pat, 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: January 05

My 92 year old mother stopped eating after a fall and got to 88 pounds. She was prescribed this medication and has regained the 12 pounds she lost She has a better appetite than ever and now enjoys eating. Sleeps great at night for an added bonus. No side effects. This medication saves her life.

Comment from: jjendoo, 7-12 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 18

My son takes this medication for severe (almost daily) migraine headaches. It has nearly eliminated them, and when he does have them (rarely) the intensity of the headache is severely decreased. He has had no noticible side effects.

Related Reading: migraine | headache

Comment from: hleosbanygrl5, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 25

this treatment has helped me put on weight after the loss of my appetite due to sickle cell crisis.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 04

45 yr old female. Healthy. Experiencing migraines with loss of vision. I can deal w/the headaches, but cannot work with vision imparement. Was prescribed 4mg at bedtime. Wow, I sleep like a baby and dream every nite. It seems to help, I was having vision issues almost daily, now it is better. Watch out.....your appetite will take off. Worth the relief, I am very cautious about taking anything and I have not experienced any strange effects, besides the appetite. Worth a try. Although I dont think I would take this during the day b/cause of drowsiness. Good for at bedtime.

Comment from: barshebuddy, on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 29

My 15 year old cat seems to have what his veterinarian calls feline demensia. He doesn't seem to remember that he needs to eat and use his litter box. The vet prescribed 1m of this twice a day. Has anyone ever heard of using this medication on cats. I'm hoping it will help, my cat is failing fast.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 03

I had a bad case of migraines, and I was underweight because I did not want to eat because of all the migraines I was having. I start taking this medication and I gained 35Lbs in three months and the migrains stopped. I was not sleepy and I was able to work without crying about my head. I have so much energy and I am happy that someone told me about this medication.

Comment from: kcp, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: May 14

My son was prescribed this med when he was 9. He is now 10. It definately helps to increase appetite but he has to take med in the early evening or he will be too sleepy for school in the morning. However, on Saturdays it does help him to catch up on much needed sleep.

Comment from: raekwon, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 25

it makes you sleepy for over 9 hrs. but go to sleep early it prevents headaches

Comment from: KO, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 11

This medication has definitely increased my appetite. But, it causes me extreme fatigue, even though my dosage is low. Therefore. I am unable to take the medication as recommended because it causes extreme drowsiness. Nonetheless, it has done that which it was intended to do.

Related Reading: fatigue