Cyproheptadine User Reviews

Cyproheptadine - User Reviews

Cyproheptadine User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cyproheptadine sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 7-12 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 21

My daughter is 8 and has been on this for 4 months now. The first month she gained 6lbs and has not gained anything since. After taking it for only 2 days her appetite greatly increased. Now she still eats better than before, but not what she should.

Comment from: julissa'sma, 3-6 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 12

My 4yr daughter has been suffering with headaches and her neurologist prescribed this med to help prevent her headaches and so far she has not had one since she started the med. Hopefully it will continue to work.

Comment from: twyboy, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 11

This medication has really helped me. My appetite has really improved. I am always hungry. I have gained 5 lbs in a week! Besides the sleepiness, this pill is great. I rest so much better. On weekends, all I do is eat and sleep.

Comment from: ms.pritzy, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 25

i started taking this medication to gain weight so far i have gained 30lbs in 3months. i am overall satisfied.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 24

My dermatologist prescribed this medication for a chronic hive condition I have. It stopped the itching and burning, but the hives still appeared. I was just happy that the itching stopped! But.......my appetite increased dramatically and I gained alot of weight. I would not recommend this medication if you have a chronic condition or are watching your weight.

Related Reading: itching | hives

Comment from: Headache Girl, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 28

I had been diagnosed with a cavernous angioma appox 7 months before. I began seeing a neurologist on a regular basis. He began to try many different medications with no luck. He placed me on Periactin(cyproheptadine) about 1 month ago. After dealing with chronic headaches and migraines for the past 2 years, I am amazed at how well this medicine has helped to control them. I take one pill at bedtime and have little to no side effects. The worst side effect I have had from this medicine was dizziness. It has only happened 2 times since I started taking this medication. This medicine has been a great help to me and has helped me to get my daily life back.

Related Reading: cyproheptadine | dizziness

Comment from: tcljcaprie, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 06

My 8yr old daughter takes this for severe migraines for which they cannot determine why she is having them. If anyone knows more about this medicine please let me know. They tried beta blockers on her before but she had severe allergic reations. Now with this medicine she has numerous anxiety attacks and is nervous over everything. What is a parent to do to help a child so helpless? tclj@lycos.com

Related Reading: beta blockers | anxiety

Comment from: ashmom, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 27

My 2 yr old has taken this for about 4 yrs for esophilic gastroenteritis (basically hay fever of the stomach) and it is has been extremely helpful. It also helped with weight gain.

Related Reading: gastroenteritis | hay fever

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 20

I am only 2 days in and I already see a big difference. I cant stop eating!!!

Comment from: concerned parent of cyproheptadine child, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 15

My son is 10 years old and he has been hving sever headaches since he was 4 years old. His PCP told me to take him to St. Christopher's for Children (Philly). We were informed that he suffers from migrains which I knew already. We was given this medication last Thursday 12/11/08 and he has been taking 1/2 pills 2x's daily. It seems ok for now, however after reading what Cyproheptadine is prescribed ofr I am not so sure if I should be letting him take this medication. He currently weighs 107 and I am afraid that it will increase his eating habits, or the other things that I have read. If someone can help ease my mind about this medication I greatly appreciate it. I can be reached at sfagans@verizon.net