Cytomel User Reviews

Cytomel - User Reviews

Cytomel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cytomel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: kmart, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 13

I've been on Synthroid only for 5 years, but as some other review's noted, never felt like myself. I had no "umph" for life. After the first day of taking Cytomel, I could tell a difference. I feel like my old self is back, and believe me, that makes me happy & my husband!

Comment from: Dorn34@AOL.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 27

I have had thyroid disease for 22 years - Hashimoto's - and I couldn't get my synthroid dose correct- felt awful - until 5 years ago I started on cytomel with levothyroxine. I feel like a new person!!

Related Reading: thyroid disease

Comment from: MARINA, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 06

I HAD MY THYROID REMOVED 2 YEARS AGO, WAS ON A SYNTHROID, DIDN'T WORK HAVE BEEN ON CYTOMEL 1 YEAR, CAN'T SEEM TO GET THE DOSE RIGHT. HAVE GONE FROM 75mcg TO 25 mcg TO 50 MCG. WORKS FOR A WHILE THEN FELT AWFUL, BLOOD TEST REVEALED WAY OVER MEDICATED AFTER BEING ON 50mcg FOR 6 MONTHS. I'M SO TIRED OF FIGHTING THIS. I HAVEN'T FELT GOOD FOR 2 YEARS. I'M EXTREMELY TIRED WHETHER I'M HIGH OR LOW. NO ENERGY AT ALL. I HATE THE WAY I FEEL AND CAN'T BELEIVE THERE ISN'T SOME WAY TO REMEDY THIS.

Comment from: hypob, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 16

I began taking synthroid in Sept. for hypothroidism (per blood test). It was great...at first. The fatigue, sore muscles, etc set back in. I went back to the dr. only to fin a groiter & be diagnosed w/ hashimotos. Cytomel has been added to the synthroid. For the first 3 weeks I was a new person however I think I've returned the the tired person I was. Do you plateau?? I've noticed I get hot, rather than cold. I sometimes feel like My left arm tingles (numbing sensation) however I find myself in a better mood as I'm not falling asleep at my desk at 9:30 a.m. after 8 hours a sleep. It's an improvement so I don't want to complain...

Comment from: renie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 18

Before/after my Oct. 2007 Total Thyroidectomy, I tried various dosages of Armour (16 mos. overall)and it was worthless especially after surgery. An Armour pill is a combination of T4 and T3. On 2/10/08, I started 50mcg of Levothyroxin (T4) and 10mcg of Cytomel (T3) one hour before breakfast - FINALLY relief of hypothyroidism symptoms. However, toward the end of the day Cytomel lacks sustainability. On 06/07/08 I started 50 mcg Levothyroxin (T4) and 5 mcg Cytomel (T3) one hour before breakfast then half way through my day (2:30 p.m.) I take the remaining 5 mcg Cytomel(T3). This dosage procedure has been the best by far although it is a nuisance because you cannot eat for two hours before and one hour after. I have become a clock watcher! All along my body's problem was the conversion of T4 to T3! Currently, I am awaiting an answer from my primary regarding my request to increase Cytomel because I know I could feel even better.

Comment from: LINDA, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 16

I have had an underactive thyroid for quite a while and even though I was taking leventhoid, my legs and ankles would swell by the end of the day. Taking Sytomel in conjunction with the leventhoid has cured it all. I feel better than I have in years. It really works for me.

Comment from: Matt, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 14

I am impatient enough that I did not like the wait between taking the medication and eating breakfast, but the medication, given time, worked wonders at restoring my energy and reducing many of my related symptoms--however, the medication caused a persistent, intense headache which only stopped when the medication was stopped.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: builder, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 30

After years of taking Synthroid and not feeling any better, I trid Amour. It worked ok, but it put me in an aggitated state. So I have been on 20mcg of Cytomel. My TSH numbers were still loe so I gradually went up to 40mcg. What I am wondering is why so many doctors refuse to give you Cytomel alone. It has worked fine for me.

Comment from: office manager, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 16

I was diagnosed low thyroid because I suggested to my doc that I had had good results from taking a vitamin combo that was recommended for metabolism and underactive thyroid. He tested and started me on levoxyl, later added cytomel. since then, I have put on weight, have skin itching from time to time, and major hair loss. I intend to get off this stuff ASAP.

Related Reading: itching