Cytomel User Reviews

Cytomel - User Reviews

Cytomel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cytomel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Coozie, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 29

I took 5 pills of 5mcg Liothyronine and experienced bad breathing problems, especially walking and talking at the same time when on a incline or steps. Has anyone reading this had trouble with breathing problems taking this Rx. I was on Armour Thyroid 15 mcg. for years w/o any problems but that is no longer available. I cannot take Synthroid or the generic of it so I at a loss as to what to take.

Related Reading: Armour Thyroid

Comment from: savannah_smiles25, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 17

After years of feeling slugish and over all like crap the doctors thought that maybe my thyroid was to blame. Mind you this was all after a full hysterectomy. The doctor stated me on synthroid, I was so tired I was falling alseep all the time even while driving. the Docters kept upping my dose with no real luck. Then I saw an endocrinologist who felt there was mor eto this then what meets the eye. He put me on cytomel 5mcg 2 times a day in combonation with my synthroid. I do not feel like I did before all of this but I sure feel 110% better that I have in a long time.

Comment from: Skin Issues, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 12

My doc has been readjusting my levo rx for some time and recently added cytomel for some T3 issue. It's all a guessing game but my main problem is a crazy itchy rash and hives I have been getting. Not sure if it's the new meds but will have to wait and see with another round of lab tests. Anyone else get skin reactions on cytomel?

Related Reading: rash | hives

Comment from: millernpt, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 08

I had been taking Synthroid and felt pretty good. My endocrinologist suggested a decrease the synthroid and add in Cytomel to get little more energy and better moods. I have been on it for 2 weeks and I have stomach cramps, nausea, and diarrhea. I plan to stop taking it ASAP.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: kimberly11364, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 09

I feel much better when I take Cytomel 1 hour before eating or drinking anything else. Cytomel is blocked from getting into your system, if taken with vitamines & some foods! If I run out, I feel tired, fatigued, and not like myself. It does take a little time to get out of my system or a few days to kick back in. I also take Levathyroxine along with cytomel & have had good results with my energy level, sleep, mood, and sex drive. I have gained 50lbs.in 2 years, that was 5 years ago, then lost 20 last yr. only to find out my thyroid tests had gotten much worse from dieting & exercise. Taking away from the body, only makes the disease worsen. Its not worth my health, just to look better for others! & I am a Salon Owner, that is in the publics eye all the time! Sometimes we learn hard lessons! I remember taking diet pills all the time when I was young, in my 20s(at about 125 lbs). I was always worried about looking fat!!!! Now I wonder if this is the price I have to pay at 40, for the stupid pills that probly screwed up my Thyroid!

Comment from: goofydoofy, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 27

I am just starting on Cytomel and this is primarily a post for current users. I noticed some cancer patients talking about being started at 75mcg. According to my doctor and the following website: http://www.rxlist.com/cytomel-drug.htm this is a VERY DANGEROUS dosage. It seems that patients are never supposed to start at that kind of dosage, but instead start around 5mcg, yes 5 and then increase from there. I am optimistic that this new medication will help, but wanted to also offer the additional site as a reference for others.

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: foxylovesred, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 21

it has made me feel like i first got sick with an overactive thyroid and my heart beats are still fast and its almost unbearable

Comment from: jewel, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 23

Terrible headaches. Suspect some type of immune reaction to my thyroid supplements (t4 & t3. Is this possible?)