Cytotec User Reviews

Cytotec - User Reviews

Cytotec User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cytotec sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: NotWonderWoman, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 02

Given to me to insert vaginally to dilate the cervix. Took it just one hour ago and am noticing cramps and a rise in body temperature.

Comment from: me, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 01

I ended the pregnancy while living overseas. It was the best

Comment from: thingshappen4areason, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 05

I miscarried at 10 weeks, and was given this drug vaginally, i followed the directions and it did not work AT ALL. a week later I was given this drug orally to try once more to pass the remaining tissue still left from the miscarriage... once again this drug DID NOT WORK! This is day 20 of the miscarriage. I imagine the next step will be a D&C. It does give you a mild upset stomach when taking orally but that was about it.

Comment from: willow, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 25

i experienced alot of pain by using this pill and i was pregnant at the time. i was already 2months. and i aborted my own child. it was painfull and i don't even know if i can have children in the nearer future anymore. please help

Comment from: saraflowers, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 07

I was 16 weeks pregnant when I found out the baby had died at 14 weeks. The baby was too large for my body to pass the body naturally. I had to use two pills and insert them into my vagina then 2 hours before the surgery I had to insert two more. I experienced no bleeding but I had painful contractions in my back and stomach. This medication was used to soften my cervix making it safer and easier to dialate my cervix without any tears. It was sucsessful.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 13

this was prescribed for a spot on my esphageus and due to inflamation in my esophagues and stomach. the treatment seemed to clam the inflamation and i feel much better.

Comment from: LVB, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 19

I was 8.5 weeks pregnant when a sonogram revealed my baby died, had no heartbeat and quit growing at 6.5 weeks. I had a missed miscarriage. This was prescribed to me, and I read all the reviews on here before using it because I was terrified I would have a lot of pain. I CAN tell you - I had NO PAIN using this drug. I was prescribed hydrocodone which I took 45 min prior to taking this drug orally; then another dose of Cytotec (miso...) two hours later. I am now not even on pain meds and I feel fine, am in day two of using this. If I ever have to go through a miscarriage again I will definitely go this route, not a D & C, to save $$$. Painless, and useful. Good luck and hope this review helps.

Comment from: mssimpson, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 31

I was given Cytotec vaginally to induce labor at 40 weeks. It worked just as it was supposed to by softening and dilating my cervix. This was my first baby and from insertion to birth was only 12 hours. She is now 2.5 weeks old and we're both doing very well.

Comment from: mcarney, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 20

Hi.. to the person who posted the following: i was just given this drug by my dr to help me go to the bathroom #2, i just started the regimine.. so i cant tell you if it works. has any one else used it for this? all i can tell you so far..i have a lot of gas. i did not know it was for abortions.. im totally against them,,i have 3 beautiful children How did this drug work for you? My doctor prescribed this RX for the same reason - I've only taken 2 doses, so I really can't say anything yet.... Please... if there is anyone out there that took this RX for GI problems - please post. Thank you

Comment from: jersey, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 20

I took this rx as a one-time dose to soften my cervix prior to a uterine saline-sonogram. Within 20 minutes of taking this orally the nite before, I experienced mild cramping that was relieved with a dose of 800mg of IB. This rx made my sonogram much more tolerable than my previous uterine biopsy without it! I highly recommend it if you've had previous difficulty with instrument insertion past the cervix.

Comment from: :(1STBABY, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 03

I was given this medication after I found out I had miscarried. I was never supposed to have children and have Ovarian Cancer needless to say I was suprized then heartbroken. My experience with this Medication was that it worked within two hours But was EXTREMLY PAINFUL. I could not take any pain medication or nausea pills due to my prior illness and allergys. I was extremly sick and it hurt worse than any of my prior surgury. On the postive SIDE it was private and done at home with my husband there to help me through so we could deal with the loss on our own. I would recomend it to other women, but know there is a good chance it will hurt like heck, be sure you can take pain medication before you take this pill.

Related Reading: Ovarian Cancer