Cytoxan User Reviews

Cytoxan - User Reviews

Cytoxan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cytoxan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 24

The horrible side effects from this medication were not fully described to me by the prescribing physician. I was made sterile by this drug and put into early menopause. It DID NOT have any effect on my pulmonary fibrosis. It was prescribed so that it would slow the progression and it didn't work. It made me tired. I lost my hair. And I caught every germ that came along even using precautions. I hated this drug!

Related Reading: menopause | pulmonary fibrosis

Comment from: Masee, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 02

I have used Cytoxan for many years with great results. I take a maintence dose of 50mg once a week. Liveable side effects but the more you take the worse the side effects like hair loss, nausea, and just feeling bad and tired. But it has been a wonder drug for me.

Related Reading: Cytoxan | hair loss

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 28

Side effects that I found difficult: the texture of my hair changed and has not changed back. It is straw-like or similar to cotton candy now. I lost quite a bit of hair and my hair is much thinner now, even after being off the drug for 6 months. Also, I developed an infection on my ankle that would not heal for 7 months; it was painful, uncomfortable and very costly to me. I had to go for daily infusions of antibiotics and had to see the doctor up to 3 times a week for treatment. I also had to wear a "boot" on my leg and foot, for healing purposes. I attribute this problem to the drug Cytoxan. Also, I developed 2 infections in my mouth which ended up in a root canal and the loss of one of my big molars--more cost to me. I go to the dentist regularly twice a year and have never had these problems, so I know the drug played a part in this also. My numbers on the PFT did not improve and even went down a little. All in all, if I had to do it over again, I would not take this drug.

Comment from: LionCub, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 12

I took this drug for many years without a problem.When i started taking 1000mg for the past 3 months,i lost my hair and my eyebrows/lashes began to thin.No side-effects when i took a lower dose.My health has been stable since i first diagnosed 9years ago.

Comment from: livingproof, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 30

I have read all the reviews on this drug and I will tell you that I have been sick with Scleroderma for over 10 years. When I was first put on this medication I was only given up to 3 years to live. Well I was with this drug able to stablize my lung progression and get off of the medication. I am now however back on at a lower dose. I didnt care that I became sterile, changed by hair etc.. all I cared about was living for my son. Well I am proof that this drug does work. All of you that complained about the side effects well what would you rather have being alive or loosing your hair. I choose life.

Related Reading: Scleroderma

Comment from: dragon-wing, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 30

I was diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer October 2008. I had six chemo treatments -- Cytoxin and Taxotere. It seems to have worked. At this point I am cancer free. I did lose my hair, but it has grown back in just as full, and I have curls now, too, which I didn't have before. My nails aren't as strong as they used to be. They seem to peel easily now, but I'm alive so I'm counting my blessings!

Related Reading: Breast | Cancer | Taxotere

Comment from: Blessed to be alive, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 02

I was diagnosed with Inflammatory Breast Cancer in May, 2010. Had 4 chemo treatments in 8 weeks of Adriamyacin/Cytoxin. Then bilateral mastectomy. Now on Taxol/Herceptin. The first chemo drugs were very hard to handle but they were effective in shrinking my tumors. I had severe nausea, fatigue, memory loss, chemo brain and I am sure more side effects but can't remember. It was the hardest thig I've gone through but knowing I get a new lease on life makes it worth it. Remember, not everyone reacts the same way to these toxins that are put into our bodies. You have to choose if it is worth it to you. May God bless and keep you.

Related Reading: Taxol | Herceptin | fatigue