Cytoxan User Reviews

Cytoxan - User Reviews

Cytoxan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cytoxan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Gail, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 10

I have Pulmonary Fibrosis and take 50mg of cytoxan. This drug has allowed me to reduce the prednisone dose to 10mg. I have used imuran and cellcept, but not as effective as cytoxan. My lung function has been stable for 10 years. (only 30% lung capcaticy)

Related Reading: imuran | cellcept

Comment from: Spark, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 11

I never got sick while using this drug, although I expected to. It was easy!

Comment from: nana752003, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 08

I have been using this for a year now, sense aug. 2009 and have had great results. Lymphnodes are normal size and no side effects other than minor hair loss.

Comment from: survivor86, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 07

I have been on Cytoxan for about 3 months now, and it was successful in shrinking my tumor in order to remove it and start radiation. The nausea and tiredness has been pretty bad but its a small price to pay for the wonders this drug has done for me.

Related Reading: tumor

Comment from: Charlie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 24

I expected the side effects to be close to what my late wife had with all her chemo treatments for breast cancer. I was given an anti-nausea medication to take with Cytoxan. My expectations were definitely wrong on the drug side effects. I only had flu like symptoms the whole time I took the treatment and my nausea wasn't very bad. I could still work but did light duty. I didn't lose my hair, but it did get much finer. The most importantly thing is that I have no signs of cancer in me now!

Related Reading: flu

Published: July 29

pain

Comment from: glam, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 14

My father had Kidney disease ( his immune system was attacking his kidneys). It did wonders for this condition but it destroyed his lungs. They do not tell you that it can cause holes in your lungs, blood clots in the lungs but it can and does!!! My father passed away Sept 2 2010 and I blame this drug!! Even the Doctor (not prescribing doctor) said that it did a number on my daddy!!

Related Reading: blood clots

Comment from: nancymc0529, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 06

I was diagnosed with Vasculitis PAN Nodosa in Oct. 2009 & have been taking Cytoxan since. Dose was just increased to 100 mg. & eventually will be increased to 150 mg. I'm just starting to lose my hair. Am concerned about side effects. Was told I could eventually try Imuran but it's side effects are no better. Since my condition is rare, it's trial & error on treatment & medications.

Related Reading: Vasculitis

Comment from: mp52orter, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 01

I hated the experience.

Comment from: Red Sox fan, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 16

Have prostate CA with mets to bone. Tried cyclophosphamide when Navelbine stopped working. PSA continued to rise, Dropped it after two months.

Related Reading: Navelbine

Comment from: Just Me, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 22

Using cytoxan to treat spine cancer, after a month tumor is showing progress of shrinkage but now dosage in being increased to 1500mg, looking to become sick for about 2wk

Comment from: tireofsick, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 27

I have only been on cytoxan for 2 weeks how long does it take for you to lose your hair on this meds.i am on a 150mg a day or does the med work at all

Cancer