Dalmane User Reviews

Dalmane - User Reviews

Dalmane User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dalmane sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: stevecayman, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 15

Normally 30 mgs will work for me in combination with 5mg of Xanax. About three weeks ago I lived with my sister to aid in the care of her dying husband. What I saw and what I had to do in conjunction with his care was far and away beyond what the "normal" person might be able to handle so I then took 45mg of Dalmane and was able to sleep through the night except at the times when my assistance was needed, but then was able to return to sleep. At this writing I am going through the greeving process and told my psychiatrist what I had done and he wanted to eliminate both meds. No, I do not have an addiction problem nor am I prone to it. What I did was a temporary measure during an overly stressful time and able to return to my usual dosage. Now he wants me to add Serroquel to my drug regimen, but the negatives severely outweigh the positives for me. Under the right conditions, Dalmane is a very effective sleep aid without the harmful, ineffective benefits of other sleep aids on the market. Find yourself another psychiatrist who doesn't or won't understand caregiving and grief. Dalmane remains my best choice as I have tried all other sleep aids to date.

Related Reading: Xanax | Dalmane | sleep

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 07

Works okay for me, but since I started taking it, I have noticed a "metallic" taste in my mouth... It won't go away with brushing, mouthwash, chewing gums, or breath mints... anyone else experienced this?

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 29

Very bad rash

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: Roger Alba, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 18

I suffer from idiopathic, primary insomnia. Before Dalmane, I was a wreck. I could maybe eek out 2 or 3 hours of restless sleep per night. I was disabled. My doctor had had me on everything from Klonopin to Valium, and ALL the TCA's. We even tried some older drugs like Miltown, and Seconal; nothing seemed to work! I've tried well in excess of 30 Rx sleep aids over the years. Lunesta worked quite well, but only at 12mg, four times the recommended dose! Needless to say, that would break the bank. Then we tried Dalmane. I have been taking 30mg to 60mg, an hour before bedtime for the last 5 years (combined recently) with 22.5mg of Remeron. I sleep 8-9 hours every night, without fail! Any hangover is minor and actually gives me a welcome sense of calm throughout the day. It's CHEAP, too!

Related Reading: insomnia | Klonopin | Valium

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 21

I have used this drug for over 20 years and it is the only way I get regular sleep. I have not increase the dosage. If I exercise more then I need it less.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 06

I have tried every sleep-aid on the market for my insomnia, and this has worked the best. Every once in a while it will not work, but without it I would probably be up 3 days at a time: with it, I have maybe 1 bad day a month.

Comment from: Doug, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 02

this has worked for me, i am asleep in 30 min with no aparent side effects, i take one pill when needed about twice aweek.

Comment from: shugababy, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 08

I have been taking this med for a week. It is exactly what I have been looking for. I have tried Ambien, and Ambien CR. Both are too strong. I would cook, eat, and drive. I had no memory of anything until the next morning. One night I loaded my son in the car a drove off. I bumped another car at a red light near my home. I made a uturn and haven't taken that medication since. This medication is great. It softly puts me to sleep. Even when I wake up to check on my son or go to the bathroom, I go right back to sleep. This med is great. This one is a keeper.

Related Reading: Ambien | Ambien CR