Dalmane User Reviews

Dalmane - User Reviews

Dalmane User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dalmane sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: gigi, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 30

30mg works well when I can devote 8-9hrs of sleep during the night, still feel a little drowsy when I wake up, but it wears off fast.

Comment from: Lynn, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 04

I was prescribed 50 mg. It does not work for me. I have taken it 3 nights and was still awake after 2 & 3 hrs.

Comment from: sandyjeanhamon, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 18

i have been on many different sleep medicaitions, and so far this dalmane, has been the best i one problem an that is i fill a little hung over in the am, and want to sleep more, but that has something to do with other meds that i am on

Comment from: Infinity, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 11

Icannot get more than 4hours sleep except once on current dosage, night sweats, forgetfullness, blurred vision after taking it,tremors.

Related Reading: night sweats | tremors

Comment from: steve, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 15

slepped like ababy, and was calm and cool the next day.

Comment from: opleena@hotmail.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 10

After years of insomnia, I tried many grugs including ambien which had me sleep-cooking and driving. Dalmane works for me, no hangover but i do wake up sometimes depressed to dispair. It passes after i get up and move around. I wonder if it is the Dalmane ?

Comment from: marla101467, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 20

When this medication was 1st perscribed it worked pretty well now it doesn't work at all!

Comment from: mickeyc, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 20

Started off on 60 mg, first night I slept 8 hours, which was good for me. The bitter taste in your mouth doesn't seem to go away. Second night on 60 mg, I only got 5 hours of sleep....not impressed, maybe tonight will be better. My Dr told me to give it about a week.

Comment from: pup136, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

leaves a bad taste n mouth the nex morn.

Comment from: hawaiianmomma80, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 03

I take 30mg of dalmane a night. I still wake up periodically but am usually able to go right back to sleep after a couple of minutes. I find that it does cause some crazy off the wall dreams but I can't sleep without it. I used to have to have the tv on every night to fall asleep but since taking this medication it doesn't matter if the tv is on or not. Most nights I can fall asleep within 10 minutes of taking this drug.

Comment from: Dalmane, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 03

Very ineffective in comparison with barbiturates

Comment from: Tom, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 03

i work night shift so when i go to sleep in the morning, i can only sleep 3-4 hours. I take Dalmane only on occasion and it works perfect! I sleep 6+ hrs and wake up very refreshed. I HIGHLY recommend it to night shift workers who cannot sleep long periods during the day

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 12

took about 3 hours for sleepiness to kick in after taking it. left a metal taste in my mouth the next morning. i can deal with the odd taste for a goodnights sleep.

Comment from: LF297, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 03

I took Dalmane for the first time last night at 9:00 p.m. It made me vert antsy and I was thrashing around in my bed a half an hour later. After that I slept very sound until 9:00 this morning. Haz anyone else exhibited thsws side affects. Ambien does the same thing.