Danazol User Reviews

Danazol - User Reviews

Danazol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Danazol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 23

I have heriditary angio edema and have been on this for 28 years and the side effects are worth living without pain

Related Reading: edema

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 28

I have a condition called ITP and have been using it for a number of years 200mg 2x per day.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 19

I used this medication for cbc treatment.

Comment from: David, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 18

I am taking it for ITP and it has kept my platlets up but I am concerned about the side effects

Comment from: animan, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 10

it makes me feel drowsy, moody and un balance. i also felt a bit heaty and headache. what i hate the most, i put on weight easily eventhough on diet.

Related Reading: headache

Published: September 05

To my treat endometriosis, I had laser surgery, was on this drug and two other pills. My doctors told me that I wouldn't be able to conceive, let along give birth to children...Today, I am a proud mother! Praise GOD!!!

Related Reading: endometriosis

Comment from: jules, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 27

Used for treatment of transfusion-dependent anemia caused by IMF & MDS. Thrilled with results; 1st time in years that my body is making healthy red blood cells. Side effects (dizziness, lack of menses, lower back/joint pain) are well worth ability to live normally again. I am very concerned with lack of long-term effect data. MDs say I can stay on this long term, but if that's so, why are athletes told to stay away from anabolic steroids?

Related Reading: anemia | dizziness

Comment from: Steve, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 13

I am a 51 yr old male who had to have back surgery but had a low platelet count.my Dr put me on Danozol for 3 months and my platletes shot back up.....must primary care and other doctors were not aware of this benifit of this drug. so if any one runs across someone in that situation please tell them to talk to there doc.

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 19

this treatment cause me liver problems so i reccomend to ask your doctor about using it

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: noname, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 04

I'm on a low dose 100/day for breast pain. Breast pain reduced but not gone. Side effects include lower back pain, dizziness, frequent (daily) bleeding/spotting and a weird feeling in my throat, like I swallowed a grape that won't go all the way down the esophagus (I didn't see this listed in the posted side effects). Some vomiting, but without nausea - weird. No weight gain on this low dose. Anyway, I've been on it a month and will continue the drug to see if the breast pain goes away completely (I hope the bleeding stops too). My breast pain was so bad, even these side effects are worth the reduction in pain I have experienced so far.

Related Reading: breast | lower back pain