Dapsone User Reviews

Dapsone - User Reviews

Dapsone User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dapsone sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: lmg, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 31

My dr. prescribed dapsone as a last result. For that last 3 years I've had a skin disorder no one could diagnois.On my fore arms and lower legs nodules appeared raised and then darken due to the intense itching. It's been biopsied, uvb light treated, creams and ointments galore....nothing worked. I've been taking dapsone for 3 months. My legs have cleared 90% and my arms 50%. I am very happy and will contiune this med until all is clear.

Comment from: gumpll, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 03

its help me with my condition

Comment from: Jill, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 22

The Dapsone Cleared up my skin immediately, i have noticed an increase in exhaustion every day i remain on the drug. My pharmacist also said it was discontinued. I love the effectiveness to take care of my skin, but hate the feeling of being tired and lethargic all the time no matter what time of day i take the drug!

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: May 12

The blisters disappeared, but I seem to be getting vey dry skin?

Related Reading: dry skin

Comment from: cecilia, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 20

I have dermititus herpeteformis, lots of blisters and black splinters, this keeps the blisters away if i stay gluten free

Comment from: Jones, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 06

I had chronic itching that started on the tops of my feet and moved to my knees, groin, buttocks, arm pits, lower back, chin, and back of my head. It would wake me up at 2am every night and I could not top itching. After 2 years of diagnosis a Doctor figured out I had Dermititus Herpetiformis by taking a biopsy of some of the blisters. He prescriped Dapsone. It cleared up the itching within 24 hours but made me extremely tired and light headed. I went for an upper GI to confirm if I had Celiac Disease and discovered that my oxygen levels were at 80% versus 95 to 96%. I turned blue in when getting the upper GI. The doctor said that Dapsone takes oxygen out of your blood and recommended I stop taking it. I have been on a strict Gluten free diet for two weeks (the itching has come back but is getting less severe).

Related Reading: Celiac Disease

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 22

i use it to treat D.H. it is very effective. i've been told to try a gluten free diet, but i would still get the blisters so i take dapsone just about every day, sometimes i forget. and the blister have moved around on where they will pop up on my body from when i was first diagnosed with d.h.

Comment from: Juneb, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 29

I have been taking this medication 100mg twice daily as needed for the last 20 years for dermetitis herpetiformis. I think the medication works well to alleviate the pain and appearance of blisters that come from this disease. I find it to be 97% effective in treating this disease. Only downfalls are extremem headaches and I have been hospitalized for methemoglobanemia a few times. (Where the oxygen is depleted from your blood and your skin takes on a bluish hue). Thats no fun. All & all a good product.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 17

I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH CELIAC SPRUE AND WITH THAT I HAD A SKIN RASH THE DAPSONE GOT RID OF THE RASH IN 2 DAYS THIS AFTER BEING MISDIAGNOSED FOR OVER 4 YEARS I WAS SO GLAD TO BE RID OF THIS RASH IT WAS VERY PAINFUL AND UGLY

Comment from: Robinann, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 09

I've been on Dapsone since Nov. 2008 for the treatment of Granuloma. Around 3 weeks ago, I've gotten this really metallic taste in my mouth. In a way if feels like I have a coating in the mouth but then I get really dry mouth. Water tastes terrible. I'm hoping it's from the drug. I've been taking 3 pills a day and am dropping to two pills a day in a week. The Granuloma has almost disappeared and I've seen no new red patches developing.

Related Reading: dry mouth