Dapsone User Reviews

Dapsone - User Reviews

Dapsone User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dapsone sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 13

I've had hives for 7 months, taking this each night they have gone ALMOST away completely. My hair is falling out and I have gained 15 lbs....but I don't itch from the hives!!

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 04

I have been noticing dark areas on my face, is this a condition from using dapsone? I have been using for 1 year

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 17

I was diagnosed with Wells Syndrome a few months ago and my Dermatologist put me on Dapsone. I take 50mg/day adn after 30 days, I stopped getting lesions. My Dr. said I could try taking 25 mg/day.... after the 4th day I got a new lesion! so I'm back to 50 mg/day. I am a runner, and now that I've been on it for over 2 months I think it is begining to affect my lungs. I NEVER had problems breathing when I run. Today I thought I was going to have to call an ambulance for oxygen... no joke. Think it's from the dapsone?

Comment from: rx101534, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 25

I have taken this drug for 5 years. It helped alot for the first1-3 years but now I am in a "holding pattern"; not getting worse or improving. I have blisters in my nose that impairs my breathing, scarred tissue in 1 eye, & redness in my mouth.

Comment from: Joe, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 06

Used to treat dermitis repediformis.works very well.I don't like the new packaging. With taking 3 tabs a day the blister packs are a pain.

Comment from: precmem1948@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 21

I've been taking this drug for a year now to combat Dermatitis Herpetiformis. It works great, but after the first of the year, I tried to get a refill and was told that they no longer make this drug. What is going on?

From WebMD