Darvocet-N User Reviews

Darvocet-N - User Reviews

Darvocet-N User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Darvocet-N sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Ed, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 17

Most effective in my case with sciatica due to a mildly slipped lumbar disc. Used in conjunction with stretching it was helpful. It was not as good for pain relief after rotator cuff surgery.

Related Reading: sciatica

Comment from: 3backsurgeriesawaiting4th, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 29

I've never had a reaction as I had with Darvocet N. I only attempted to take it for a few days. I hallucinated by seeing dark colors and heard voices telling me to kill myself. I had never had such an experience before or since. It was horrible.

Comment from: buster, 65-74 (Patient) Published: June 17

I have suffered back pain for years due to curvature of my spine and difference in leg length....I took darvocet for a year or two and it helped...then I had to change doctors and was told they do not precribe darvocet to elderly persons..I cannot take asprin products, codeine or vicodine so was in a bind. Tylenal does little to help. Mr doctor put me on small dose of methadone and it helps but I just had foot surgery and needed more...they would not give me darvocet...I am looking for more information on darvocet and why it is not precribed for older people!!!

Comment from: chickadee, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 15

relief for about 2 hours, then back pain, hips and tailbone starting with chronic pain again, I cant stand to be in this much pain and cant help but think there is no relief out there for me

Related Reading: chronic pain

Comment from: mofarrar, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 26

I have had migraines since 5 yrs old, now 45. I have used Darvocet-100N for about 20 yrs. Very happy with it in helping with the milder migranes. No side-effectws to speak of or to my knowledge.

Comment from: Eric Grimes, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 31

It helps my neuropathy pain somewhat but at what cost, it's destroying my liver and who knows what else, and I becoming physically addicted. Cannabis works FAR better for my pain, I just take a lozenge every hour and I'm good to go! PLUS - no negative side efftects

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: R. Fender, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 28

I developed a fairly chronic back ache and was diagnosed with a bulging disc between T7-T8 and was given a prescript for Darvocet and got by with 1 a day to take the edge off the pain. Months later after much therapy and chiropractic manipulations things hadn't really gotten better so I allowed cortisone injections into the nerve area between my vertabra in my thoracic spine where the bulged disc was and briefly was placed on Vicodin until the pain from the shots subsided. The cortisone injections have been very succesful for almost a year but I have had some recurring pain and now my disc has herniated and the disc below it is now bulged according to the latest MRI I've had done. Still, I'm getting by with a maintenence dose of 1 Darovocet a day when I have pain, 2 a day if it's really bad or none if I'm feeling pretty decent. I feel this medication is extremely helpful and at the low doses I'm able to get by on I'm not fearful of developing any health problems with it.

Related Reading: Vicodin

Comment from: Jami, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 01

I have been on Darvocet-N for two straight years for severe endo. I've had eight surgies. I can't sit for more than an hour without pain and can't stand for more than 20min withour major pain.This pain medicine helps the intense pain but never fully takes the pain away. I can function pretty well while on the medicine. I feel two years straight on this medicine, what is it going to do to my liver?

Related Reading: Darvocet-N

Comment from: Lidarose, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 17

I had a right-sided hemi-colectomy and had severe pain afterwards. They gave me Percocet which helped some but the side effects were awful. When I used the 50 mg. Darvocet, my pain was completely relieved and I was able to take less and less until now I'm completely off of the Darvocet, with no appreciable side-effects! I also used this drug when I had severe menstrual cramps as a young woman with great results, as I was able to return to school which I was missing once a month due to the severity of the cramps. I think Darvocet is a wonderful pain reliever with a minimum of side effects. I have also taken the plain 65 mg. Darvon with the same wonderful results! Great drug!

Related Reading: Percocet | menstrual cramps | Darvon