Darvocet-N User Reviews

Darvocet-N - User Reviews

Darvocet-N User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Darvocet-N sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 27

temporary treatment of osteoarthritis in lieu of diclofenac which caused stomach damage after 6 mos.

Related Reading: osteoarthritis

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 15

I am sleeping better with less pain.

Comment from: nelly06, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 30

works great had no problems.

Comment from: jackalopesforal, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 12

I have been given this medication for 3 different issues over the years, and it has had different effectiveness for each problem. My first encounter was for dysmenorrhea, and it worked very, very well for what were crippling cramps and period-related back/leg pain. Side effects were pretty run of the mill- greater risk of dehydration, constipation, sleepiness- but the med allowed me to get back to my daily life rather than keeping me from it, as some meds do. The second time I took Darvocet was after a surgery to remove an ovarian cyst. I had been on Norco (10mg), then Dilauded (2mgs) and they were both making me vomit, so my docs prescribed the Darvocet (100 mg this time, as opposed to 50mgs before) because people tend to have less stomach irritation with it. Sure enough, I stopped throwing up, and, while my pain wasn't managed quite as well with the other meds, I was much happier on the Darvocet. Most recently I had Darvocet for a herniated disc in my lower back (50mgs). Unfortunately, this most recent time the Darvocet only helped for one day, and then my pain level became more acute and I had resort to a stronger medication. I think the Darvocet works very well for how mild the side effects are, and for moderate pain it has to be the best medication I have encountered, although my experience is pretty limited. Considering it stood up to my 1 week post surgery pain, it is surprisingly effective.

Related Reading: dehydration | constipation | Norco

Comment from: marie, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 23

did not work well with me. caused my stomach upset. i followed directions and ate 20 minutes before taking.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 12

no problems just seeing what people say

Comment from: williewalk, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 26

I wouldn't be able to function in normal every-day activities if not for the Darvocet. I have no side effects, and have been taking it for three years. I have pancreatitis and constant back pain.

Related Reading: pancreatitis

Comment from: valerie, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 07

The disk in my back are crumbling,causing terrible pain. My doctor wants to try med's that are not narcotics. I have had this for several years,but they are just now finding the cause for pain. I don't think he knows what he is doing.I can't sleep,trouble riding in a car,and even hurts when I sit and read. The list goes on.

Published: June 18

dfsaf

Comment from: mylove44, 35-44 (Patient) Published: November 04

i already take seroquel so i know it dont mix

Related Reading: seroquel

Comment from: Brandon7806, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 12

I had been prescribed this drug for treatment of lower back pain after surgery. The medication made me very nauseous, and when I told my doctor he prescribed me promethazyne for the nausea. I continued taking the Darvocet for my back, until I started having heart palpitations. I searched online to see if this could be a side effect of the drugs I was taking, and came across this website: http://www.DarvocetSideEffectsLawyer.com, where I learned that consumer advocacy groups had been trying to get the drug pulled from the market for over 30 years due to the serious and even deadly side effects, including heart related side effects, and there is now a lawsuit against the drug manufacturer. Needless to say, I immediately stopped taking the Darvocet, and even went as far as finding a new doctor. My new doctor switched me to codeine, which is no better on my stomach, but at least I dont have to worry about it sending me into cardiac arrest. I would recommend anyone currently taking Darvocet or any other drug containing propoxyphene such as Darvon to speak with their doctor about switching to a safer pain relief medication.

Related Reading: lower back pain | palpitations