Darvon User Reviews

Darvon - User Reviews

Darvon User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Darvon sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Logan, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 06

The main effect of this was almost hallucinogenic. I could not tolerate the odd thoughts and visual disturbances - but it provided almost no pain relief - which was prescribed post-op. Returned to surgeon and got a replacement within the week. Darvon is on my "never again" list.

Related Reading: Darvon

Comment from: Chuck U Farley, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 06

I have a combination of diagnosed back issues and nothing I have come across has ever worked as good as Roxicodone 30 mg blue tablets. For those of you out there with similar ailments, I recommend them highly. Darvon and similar products such as Darvocet pack a dangerous punch to your kidneys and liver with high levels of acetaminophen. This can be avoided by taking Roxicodone or Oxycodone.

Related Reading: Roxicodone | liver

Comment from: cher, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 30

I,m allergic to NSAIDS and codiene and have very few choices and this drug works for the pain caused by a spinal fusion that healed badly and the pain fron Deg. disc disease. As I age and the pain gets worse I will have to go to something stronger but Darvon takes the edge off and has never given me a problem.

Related Reading: NSAIDS

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 06

Took this for toothace pain, effective when it finally gets in your blood stream, takes about 2 hours for it to start working but when it does it's effective

Comment from: Bill B., 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 17

I have lower back pain and darvon 65 capsules do nothing for the pain.

Related Reading: lower back pain

Published: July 05

my cousin took this medicine for pain control from an car accident, and overdosed on it and died. I wouldn't recommend this drug or any drug with propoxyphene in it to anyone.

Comment from: jones8885@bellsouth.net, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 04

I kept waiting for approval for Lyrica for fybermyalgia from my pharmacy company...finally, I took some Darvon I had on had for another "pain problem" every 5 hours and it made me forget how much pain I had been in! I don't like the side effects I just read on this site though!!!

Related Reading: Lyrica

Comment from: halchris89, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 23

Doesn't work at all for me. I'm taking the 65 mg. capsules.

Comment from: bigdaddy24, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 14

i take it for chest pain i had open heart surgery 2006 i still have chest pain

Related Reading: chest pain

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 29

mood swings, littleto no pain relief

Comment from: nanny11654, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 23

this medicatoin was prescribed to me for headaches and was very effictive, i am still taking it daily

Chronic Pain/Back Pain