Daytrana User Reviews

Daytrana - User Reviews

Daytrana User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Daytrana sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Mom, 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 01

When the Doctor said put this patch on him it will help with grades I was so sad. My son was struggling in school. Not because he was not trying but because he said it is getting so hard. My teacher goes so fast.He has always been the kid who other kids like to be around fun/sweet. He was the kid other parents wanted to have over because of his manners. When the doctor said he has adhd try this patch I just didn't think it would work. To my surprise we put the patch on a Saturday morning. We waited 1 hour to start homework. My husband and I were astonished. We have never been able to read his writing. We could read it. We tried some of his 5th grade math problems. My husband and I cried. The kid could do math. What we like most is when he needs it we put it on when he is finished w/ school he takes it off. The teacher said she has seen other kids on ADHD medication and they seem more up and down during the day. I love the way it works. He started to have skin issues it itched. Again I went to the DR and said what do we do it works but I don't want it burning a hole in his skin. He said we needed to keep skin moist all the time esp winter. We stuck with it and I am so happy.His skin got used to the patch and he has been on it a year and he now asks to wear it for baskeball games because he says it helps. I will tell you it is a lot more work than a pill but we have seen no side effects besides the skin but good grades and confidence. It is more expensive but evenings at our house are so much better we feel like we are paying more but getting a better quality of life for all of us.

Comment from: Momma, 7-12 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: August 01

My daughter was 11 when she started using this patch for almost 2 years and at first it was great, but as she got a little older she started having moderate/severe neurological symptoms. Severe anxiety, Hearing voices, seeing things and finally came the suicidal thoughts and cutting. She can no longer take any stimulant type drugs. Please be careful and watch and question every change.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: PAR, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: September 22

My son is now 12. We started on the Dayrtana patch last year during school. We love it. It does leave a red place which our doctor told us to wipe gently with pure Olive Oil. This gets all the sticky stuff off. We love the ease of the patch and also not having to take medicine at school. As you know other kids can sometimes be cruel and this eliminates that. I put it on him at 6:30 am so it will kick in by school time and it last even 2 hours after it is taken off. I feel like I can handle the mornings to give him the comfort of no medicine at school and the was it helps him. We actually had honor roll last year in 6th grade and so far this school year we have all A's. To us it is just what we were looking for to help us throught this time.

Comment from: MG, 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 13

We use this patch for our child with ADD not ADHD we found that it works well for him he is much more focused in school and cannot believe how well he is doing with his schoolwork.

Comment from: L1zzy, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 03

I am almost 19, and I have been taking Daytrana for several years now. I like it a lot, and it is really helpful, but I do struggle with trying to figure out how to keep my hips from getting irritated. I have not had a lot of problems with it. When I first started taking Daytrana, I took 40mg for a while, but that was too much, it kind of suppressed my personality, and it was not good. Now I am on 30mg, and much happier. It is kind of a bummer that it is so big, but I like the control I have over when I take it. I still struggle a lot with school, but I think that may partly be because I got diagnosed so late. I didn't get diagnosed until 8th grade, and then it has taken a long time to figure out how I really work. I also struggle with sleeping and eating. I have also found that it is really important for me to be active during the day, which helps me sleep later, and also helps me focus. I have had an adverse reaction with Clonadine, when I took more than 0.2mg I think. I would recommend creating structure for your kids, and teaching them self-discipline early on. Sports, music, and dance are great ways to do this. I really like the structure of ballet. Good Luck!

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 26

It feels like I have taken almost everything out there in the sun for my ADHD. I am 27 years old and have an active lifestyle, meaning...working out, etc and also working about 60 hours a week. After taking it for 3 months, I have discontinued Daytrona, for a couple of reasons...slight mood swings, but for the most part, it just didnt feel right. Another negative that I can say about Daytrona is those patches got to be painful at sight application many days after, which my doctor said what might help (but didnt try) was to spray nasal decongestant, benadryl, or any antahistamine to reduce irratation.) Here is what I did like, which is one of the most important factor to me....Out of all the medications that I have taken, Daytrona was by far one of the most consistant medications that I have taken...meaning I didnt see the dips or rollercoaster feelings that I have experienced with other medications. Also, since this medication is transdermal, none I think is processed by the liver, so any break for my liver is good. This might sound weird, but the reason why I discontinued isnt really anything more than a "didnt feel right" sensation that I cant really described. I hope this helps someone. BTW, if you are interested in what meds I have taken, here they are: Adderall XR, Adderall Tablets, Concerta, Metadate, Ritalin XR, Ritalin Tablets, Vvyanse, amphetamine salt combo, and dexadrine.

Related Reading: benadryl | liver | Metadate