Daytrana User Reviews

Daytrana - User Reviews

Daytrana User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Daytrana sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 21

My son is 7. He has had symptoms of ADHD since age 2. He was diagnosed with ADHD in May of 2006 and was prescribed Concerta. He was on Concerta up until Feb of this year. He is now on the Daytrana Patch. He is doing really well! The only problem is the redness and itching under the patch. Anyone else having this problem?

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: March 14

My 9 year old daughter has been on the patch for 9 months. While her grades have improved from Ds to Bs, we have very intense and difficult times in the mornings and about 2 hours after the patch comes off. She can be violent, says extremely terrible and hurtful things and is very mean to our dog. We also have a lot of problems with the adhesive and recently had to call 7 pharmacies to find one that had Daytrana in stock. Apparently most of the stock was recalled, I assume for adhesive issue and not a medical problem.

Comment from: Shay, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 30

I use this on my 9yr old son. This is the best ADHD medicine he has ever used. My son made the A/B Honor Roll this year. He has been on the patch for 2yrs now, and he has exceled in school the past two years. The Daytrana treats his ADHD, but it also allows him to keep his appetite. The other medicines did not give him this option. I recommend Daytrana to everyone. My son was diagnosed when he was four, he is now nine and this has been the best medicine he has been on. He has tried 6 different types and this is the only one that has the best results for him.

Comment from: 7-12 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 25

My son started on this medication about 2 years ago. It has been the best medicine to contol his ADHD (clinically significant). It does take some time to kick in and it does wear off about 2 hours after it comes off. To deal with the minor skin irritation we use Benadryl cream every night on the spots. We also used a 4 spot rotation. Top and bottom left and right. He is able to focus in school and still has a personality. The only major drawback is the consistency with which the patches come off the plastic backing. One box will have no problems and the next box the backing worn't peel off. We have tried other oral meds for him but all of them seemed to overdose him and cause major stomach issues. We like that this one does not have to go through the digestive system so he will still eat.

Related Reading: the digestive system

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 02

My daughter uses Daytrana and we have several problems with it. When it is working she has no emotion, always looks sad. The patch leaves a bright red rectangle on her skin, and when the meds are wearing off, she seems to have a rebound effect...she is angry and very moody.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 13

My 6 year old daughter has always been "active". She was constantly getting in trouble at school and on the bus, but her PCP wouldn't do anything. So when we finally got a referal to a child psychiatrist I was ecstatic! It took the Dr ten minutes to diagnose her. She could not stop fidgeting or talking or moving the whole time. HE told us that b/c of her age he was going to put her on the patch. It would be easier for her and she wouldn't have to swallow a pill. My daughter loves it!!! The first day she came home from school she sat down and looked at while she was talking to me. She told me everything that went and that her medicine made her smarter b/c she could go to one place at a time instead of going everywhere at once. I am so glad he chose this medicaine b/c although I knew she needed something, I didnt want her to be a zombie. My girl is still going, and going strong, but she's more focused and can actually get more accomplished.

Comment from: 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 03

son is 9 and been on Daytrana for about a year. Does very well about 1 1/2 hours after it is applied until 1 1/2 hours after it is removed. Very rough mornings w/ lack of focus, and barely able to get through homework. No appetite during day, but eats like a horse in the morning and at night- usually 3-4 hours after it is removed. Hard to get to sleep, but does sleep well. Anxiety with bees, and other flying insects he never had before. Red areas at patch, but not too bad. It goes away in a day or 2. I LOVE it! Makes parenting much easier and the household much calmer.

Related Reading: parenting

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 13

I have a 9 year old son adhd, diagonosed at 4 years old, tried everything neurofeedback , organic, social skills. Nothing seemed to work except eliminating food dyes brought the hyperactive down but still could not focus. Heard about the patch and so far so good no real side effects except a pink spot on the hip and for the first time in a long time he felt good about himself in school. Grades are going up and assignments are completed. What I love most about it is you have control over the patch when you need it. Would highly reccomend as a first try before trying pills.