Daytrana User Reviews

Daytrana - User Reviews

Daytrana User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Daytrana sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: woodangels, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 08

My son took Daytrana from age 7 to 9 as his first ADD (not ADHD) medication. We delayed meds as long as possible, but his ADD is severe. Worked fantastic for 2 years. Besides drastically improving school academic performance, it actually lessened his overall anxiety level and moodiness/irritability--it was like having our "old" good natured son back. Minor patch application/skin issues outwieghed by wonderful results. However, after 2 years he developed severe and unrelenting stomach pains (even morphine drip in hospital for one week didn't help at one point). Stopped the med and stomach pain stopped within 1 week (after several months of abdominal pain and mis-disagnoses, no one initially thought it could be the ADD med and he was tested for everything else under the sun). On Vyvanse now for 1 year and hate it. Works on the ADD (still doing well academically) but causes him negative personality changes, lots of sadness, anger, irritation and outbursts. Hard for both siblings and parents to handle his constant irritation, complaining and outright meanness. We miss our son. Hoping the neurologist puts him back on Daytrana and that it works for a while before the stomach pain hits again...(thats how good Daytrana works compared to the side effects of Vyvanse, that I would even consider risking exposing my son to that pain again)...

Related Reading: abdominal pain | Vyvanse

Comment from: emartin, 7-12 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 02

My son has been using this for 2YRS now. At first it was a wonderful. Now we are having issues with anxiety fearful of spiders, bees etc. He is in a complete panic state. If someone looks at him crosswise he thinks they are trying to kill him and runs to hide. I do not know why the change in him from almost 2 years of great things to him being a basket case. I do not know if it is due to harmones changing in boys at a certain age and the meds do not mix or what the problem is. He is great during the day but for the first 2 hours of the day it is very difficult and at night he has to take a sleeping pill.

Published: November 17

I love thid med he is great at school and home during the day but he just does not sleep.

Comment from: tmom, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 22

I've been using this on my 5 year old son. He was previously on Focalin, which made him emptional and very angry. Daytrana soothes him, without completely loosing his personality. It takes longer to kick in, but the change it has made in his behavior is wonderful. I do have trouble getting it on, and then keeping it on.

Comment from: Iluvcandles21@yahoo.com, 3-6 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 25

My 5yr old son has recently been diagnosed with adhd,as we did not want to medicate our doc. told us about he daytrana.. We like it because we can put it on whenever he goes to school or if we plan something, and not put it on when he doesnt have school or is on break. We started out on 10mg and upped the the dose to 15mg.After dose being upped what a world of a diff. The teachers havnt called home or sent home pink slips in over 2 weeks.(We decided not to tell teachers he was on as we wanted to see if they noticed a differance also in school as we have at home). The only complaint is getting the plastic off the back to stick it on his thigh..We have wasted a few trying to get it to peel away. He does have redness when takin off but it goes away after a few hours, and he has comlained a few times that it itches. The only side affect we are trying to get through is his moodiness.(Outburst of crying for no reason) He was drawling a pic and messed up and started balling.So far we are loving our son on the patch as we can do more with him now and hes doing way better in school.

Comment from: living in lb, 3-6 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 17

My son was diagnose at age 5 for adha. We have tried aderall at first, it was horrible. He would have such meltdowns when the medicine wore-off. Using the patch has been great. His mood and concentration has greatly improved. Just the loss of appetite during the day has decreased. I only medicate for school and do not use the patch on weekends which has been helping him learn to cope and function without the medicine. He is 6 now and I hope to get him off medication this next year.