DDAVP Nasal Spray User Reviews

DDAVP Nasal Spray - User Reviews

DDAVP Nasal Spray User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication DDAVP Nasal Spray sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 29

I have diabetes insipidus so I use the nasal spray about twice a day to control my urination. It works well, and it doesn't take too long to kick in once I use it. I'd say the only drawback is that since I have been using it, I have noticed some swelling in my hands and feet from water retention.

Related Reading: diabetes

Comment from: ray1234567890, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 25

DDAVP the brand name is the only one that works for me. I tried other brands and the generic type, they dont last to long and they leave a bad flavor in my mouth after i use them, Not DDAVP, the brand name, no flavor.

Related Reading: DDAVP

Comment from: MIKE, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 21

I HAD BRAIN TUMOR REMOVED 2 YEARS AGO AND THEN DEVELOPED DIABETES INSIPITUS. THIS HAS WORKED GREAT FOR ME. I WAS JUST CURIOUS IF ANYBODY HAD ANY BAD SIDE EFFECTS FROM IT. I JUST HAD A SECOND SURGERY DONE IN MY SINUSIS TO CLEAR OUT SOME STUFF. I'M WONDERING IF THIS MEDICATION HAS HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT. MAYYBE NOT?

Related Reading: TUMOR

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 30

I have been a bedwetter since birth that is until I turned 30 and went to the doctor and he recommended ddavp. I have been taken it now for 8 years and have no side effects. This is a miracle drug. Now I am not afraid to go to sleep. I am no longer depressed. I would like to thank the makers of the drug so that I can live a normal life.

Comment from: rskoglund, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 28

I have been on this medication for over 35 years. The only problem with the nasal solution is that sometimes it is hard to measure the exact dose. Also, when travelling on an airplane, be extra cautious when opening the bottle. I have lost the entire contents when opening due to the pressure difference. I always travel with an extra bottle. Note that the picture for this medication is the one for the nasal spray, not the nasal solution. I cannot take the nasal solution as it is too high of a dose. Also, this medication can be difficult to get as it often is backordered in manufacturing. This is very frustrating and I may need to switch to the injectable version.

Comment from: Gina, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 02

I have been using DDAVP since April, 2001 and have had no side effects. It has been a miracle drug for me as I was drinking 3 gallons of water daily (including a half gallon during the night) as I was constantly thirsty. I now have my life back!

Comment from: 3-6 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 05

my son just got diagnosed with di, since he started taking the ddavp (desmopressin) he has had a drastic decrease in thirst and urination, but his behavior has changed for the worse. we are not really sure if this has anything to do w/ the medicine, has anyone else had this happen?