DDAVP User Reviews

DDAVP - User Reviews

DDAVP User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication DDAVP sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 27

11 year old male takes 3 pills which are .2 each night before bed, 2 months and only one accident. It has been wonderful for him to wake up dry. He has even ventured out to sleepovers.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 23

I have to use the bathroom very frequently. Sometimes I've gone once and then was able to go immediately following. This is a very effective drug. It will reduce frequency by a vast amount. I'd say about 50%. It also allows you to hold your blatter better. Instead of feeling like you have to pee as bad as you do when you just wake up, its just a minor feeling. A side affect of this drug is that, while it does help reduce the frequency, the feeling that you need to go to the bathroom does not go away completely. All in all, its a great drug and it helps a lot. I have not yet noticed a reduced effectiveness, but my usage has been sporatic. I will also add that, while I don't know all the medical facts, I was told that if you take in too much fluid while on this drug, you can be put into a coma; though, this might be specific to diabetes insipidus.

Related Reading: coma | diabetes

Comment from: justjulie, 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 09

My 11 year old son took this medication for 2-3 months and had only 1 dry night. Not work the risk to his kidneys so we stopped it. We just started a new drug tonight after being drug free for several months with no relief. I would skip this one.

Comment from: on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 31

AFTER HAVING MY CHILD TAKE THE MEDICATION FOR TWO WEEKS THE MEDICATION IS NO LONGER EFFECTIVE..

Comment from: Shelley, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 05

My daughter (9) has been on this for more than 2 years. She is using the nasal spray, 1 squirt each night. No bedwetting unless she forgets to take it. My concern is she has gained weight in the last 2 years and am not sure if its from this medicine or not. Are there any other alternatives to bedwetting than desmopressin??

Comment from: 7-12 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 09

My daughter is 7 years old and we just started last night on 3 pills because 1 and 2 did not work. She was dry this morning so we will see. :) My question is if anyone has experienced drastic mood changes or obsessive behaviors from their kids while on this medication?

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 20

This was used for my son. I was not very satisfied at all. It did not work at all.

Comment from: 7-12 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 14

9 year old female with bedwetting, drug was ineffective. Allergic reaction to medication after 3 days of use (rash).

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: ty, 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 31

My 9 yr old son used to take 2 pills nightly and we stopped using it because it didn't work. We have tried 3 pills for past 2 nights & still woke up wet. He has been wetting about 5-7 nights per week.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 21

My 6 year old daughter wet the bed 6 out of 7 nights. Once we started the ddavp she hasn't wet the bed once. She takes the lowest dose, just one pill. It is wonderful and she is a much happier child.

Comment from: 55-64 (Patient) Published: January 20

Adult Diabtic, overactive bladder too and MS thhis was the only effective treatment that let me sleep through the night!! Thankyou

Related Reading: overactive bladder

Comment from: Friend, 13-18 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 29

At first I had the spray and I didn't like that because it gave me sores in my nose. Then I found out about the pills and I like taking those better.It was just easier with the rest of my meds.