Decadron User Reviews

Decadron - User Reviews

Decadron User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Decadron sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: kar, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 16

I had radiosurgery to brain and had to take decadron for swelling. I have not slept in 2 weeks!! My mind races wildy at night. Ativan, sleeping pills, benadryl, has not helped. I'm stopping this weekend. Also, I've had very bad heart burn.

Related Reading: Ativan | benadryl

Comment from: Elisebr, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 01

This is only day one, and I am wide awake at 4 AM. Concerns me. Will keep reading comments, and would like to hear of anything to counteract this response without sleeping pills that could aggravate possible depression side effect.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 23

Been on Decadron for 3 weeks in lead up to treatment for brain tumor. On a much lower dosage than in the beginning and feel much more myself. Still experiencing insomnia, excessive sweating, nonstop hunger, muscle weakness, and weight gain, though.

Related Reading: insomnia | excessive sweating

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 11

I Had a pituitary tumor removed which left my pituitary gland unable to produce certain hormones so my endocrinologist put me on the the decadron less than a year ago and I hate it. Weight gain is the biggest part- I gained about 35lb in a few months. Other side effects include emotional instability. And joint pain (knees and ankles) if not taken at the same time each day. It's gotten to the point where I've crawled out of bed and not been able to walk for a few hours. And if you drink alcohol the pain is MUCH worse the next day. I know this drug is necessary for for me but I hate thinking that I have to take it for the rest of my life.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 27

My father has been on this medication for 4 months because of a brain tumor (glioblastoma multi forme). He was started on this after surgery and has tried to be weened off of it 3 times now and each time was unsuccessful. It caused lethargy, confusion, vomitting, head ache, and tremors. This was because the swelling reoccured during the titration process. It has also caused wakefulness, and caused him to be very very very shaky. There are times where his legs just turn into noodles and falls. Another complication with this "falling" is that he loses control of his bladder and urinates involuntarly. This has become a frequent problem and his doctor has put him on Ditropan to help control his bladder. Hopefully this helps.

Related Reading: tremors | Ditropan

Comment from: Annettebduncan, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 22

I take this drug the day before, the day of, and the day after chemo for lung cancer every 3 weeks. At first I had energy and sense of well being, although it cause my ankles to swell and hot red skin on my face and neck. It helped because I only have flu like symptons on the fifth day after chemo. This month, the side effects have changed. I become very sad, nervous and cannot control crying fits. I cancelled my chemo treatment. This drug, for some reason, has reversed it's side effects. Ths doctor has told me to take half the dosage.

Related Reading: lung cancer | flu

Comment from: Tom, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 29

Taking for herniate disc to try an avoid surgery. Has helped reduce leg pain by 75% so I will take these short term side affects. Taking 4mg orally only 5 days. Haven't slept more than 4 hours a day since started...very odd dreams, organinzing, complex thought processes, great anxiety, mind races, increased other mental health compulsion I fight immensely! This is last day! I read the side affects end within 1-2 weeks at most. Let's leg pain is gone for much longer so the body reabsorbs the herniation to avoid surgery. Good luck.

Related Reading: mental health