Decadron User Reviews

Decadron - User Reviews

Decadron User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Decadron sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Schwartz32472, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 03

Just fusion of lower lumbar spine...This is the 2nd surgery in the same spot. Ihave been taking it 1 day, and already, I am crawling out of my own skin....I haven't splept in going on 20 hours....Can't sit or lay still, overly aggitated, very vivid,intracate dreams, when I do do pass out for 30 mins. or so. My anger level builds at an alarming pace, over small things.I get a hopeless feeling of very deepened depression. I have known I was very sensitive to Meds. from a young age but this is one of the quickest, and worst reactions I have ever had........I will be stopping it today. My advice to you is, If you have a problems with Meds. or are overly censitive to the, or have problems with reoccurring depression......STAY AWAY!!!! Will do you more harm than good....

Comment from: jaysam20, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 13

i got blurry vision, frequent urionation and puffy faco plus abdominal pain.

Related Reading: abdominal pain

Comment from: ben, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 29

had to take this drug for swelling in the brain after surgery, has caused my blood sugar to rise , have to take insulin,can't control blood sugar,whole body has swollen,have to take lasix,can't tell if it is worth it or not, take 4mg 3 times a day

Related Reading: lasix

Comment from: AimsJ, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 01

This medicine has hepled me but it has not been easy. I take it because it avoids surgery for the swelling. I had depression which taking an antidepressant and changing my antihypertensive fixed. I am down to 1 a day as opposed to 4 times a day in 2 months. Take the medicine. I have very weak legs, feel about 80-90% myself. I wake up around 3:30 everyday but most of the time go back to sleep now. At first I stayed up. You get used to it and it is worth it!!

Comment from: Tanya23, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 12

I took this medication for a severe sore throat. It worked great for the inflamation but after taking it for only 36 hours I ended up in the ER with a rapid heart rate and chest pain. I was told that ppl with panic or anxitiy disorders should not take this because it can cause their panic disorders to be worse.

Related Reading: sore throat | chest pain

Comment from: J B, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 24

I use medication for intractable migranes when they are un responsive to my other medications. Use as last resort ,usually 4-5th day ongoing migrane really limit use or delay use because of side effects. Side effects: Insomnia, red faced, hyperness, agitated. Because it is so strong I do not take many of them and only need to use them over a 24 hour maybe 48 hour period. My MD chose these because longer doses of prednisone made me emotionally over the top - irritability, anger, irrationally upset, tough to live with etc.

Comment from: jl, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 15

I was put on a 3 day course of Decadron due to an infection after a root canal. It did help with the swelling after the 1st day however, made me feel very anxious on last day.

Comment from: ColKitt, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 27

Dentist prescribed for slitting headache above sinus infected by 20 year-old root canal that allowed absess to set in. AMAZING result---after 1 1/2 hour from taking a baby-sizsd, green pill = 0 pain (now for 3 days-and remaining 4 pills--1 ea 12 hours). Side effect experienced--now can walk,move, even run like 5 years ago. Tooth now being stabilized by specialist to save it also. SINCE THIS IS A STEROID --must wait for results of any oher side effects: a true miracle drug for me this time!

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: meningioma, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 19

Temporal Lobe 3.2cm meningioma Currently taking 2mg QID. Causes increase heart rate and nervousness. Lucky to sleep 4-6 hours a day. I have been taking for 12 days. Lost 10 lbs. If it is working GREAT. If not I want off. Diagnosis made on Sunday with surgery on Wednesday.