Deltasone User Reviews

Deltasone - User Reviews

Deltasone User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Deltasone sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 27

I loved my life before taking prednisone; now I hate it. I hate every day of my life because of this drug. I had perfect skin before taking prednisone; prednisone changed that; it gave me cystic acne. I asked my doctors what to do. They said it would go away on its own and not do anything. It didn't. Instead, it left scars and ruined my skin. I never had a problem with depression before taking prednisone. Prednisone, however, made me severely depressed. I thought about committing suicide; I tried to commit suicide; I was impulsive and it impaired my thinking. I was manic. It gave me panic attacks severe anxiety. It made the whites of my eyes bright red and they're still bright red, so dry I can no longer wear contacts. It also gave me dry skin, extreme insomnia, profuse sweating, yellow skin (possible liver damage), thyroid disease, increased appetite, weight gain, and slowed healing ability. Regular cuts would scar and not heal properly. Prednisone can thin your skin, making you get cuts and bruises easier--and then, because prednisone inhibits your ability to heal and suppresses your immune system, these cuts, at least for me, leave scars--that's why the scars from the cystic acne are so bad. I never even should have been put on prednisone--it's not a first line treatment for my disease, and I was just diagnosed. Some people never taken it because of its risks and side effects. I wasn't given the option though. I wasn't told about side effects or my treatment options. I was only told it was safe and not to worry about side effects. If I had been told about its side effects, I never would've taken it. With what should have been the first-line treatment, I was able to put my disease in remission on my own. So this drug was completely superfluous, a complete waste; it didn't do anything positive. It only ruined my life. So now, although my disease is finally in remission, it doesn't really matter.

Related Reading: acne | scars | depression

Published: August 12

Prednisone is far more dangerous than most illegal drugs. It is one of the most dangerous drugs you could ever take. I HATE it with a passion for what it did to my life. I will NEVER take it again. Side effects experienced: Depression, osteoporosis, diabetes, acne, roid rage, suicidal, mood swings, moon face, shortness of breath, anxiety, dry eyes, purple veins on face, 80lb weight gain, memory loss, loss of muscle, acid reflux, blurry vision, shaky hands, insomnia, frequent urination (sounds minor but is annoying; there is a pill for old men for this "going too often?"; you've seen the commercial), stretch marks, skin atrophy.

Related Reading: osteoporosis | diabetes | anxiety

Comment from: (Patient) Published: September 22

If anyone tells you prednisone is safe, don't believe them. It's dangerous and an evil drug: it ruined my life. It gave me cystic acne that scarred my skin; I became suicidal and very depressed and my entire personality changed; I became bipolar; I had and still have heart problems from it; I now have thyroid disease; and I have a lot of other problems as well. I really wish I had been assigned a different doctor. When I became sick, I was assigned someone, Anne Sullivan, whose medical interests supposedly are adolescents and chronic disease--and because I was an adolescent with a chronic disease, I suspect that's why I was assigned this doctor. She told me prednisone was safe and not to worry about side effects; I believed her, as I would've believed any doctor. I never would've taken this drug if I knew about the side effects. I started experiencing side effects right away and the doctors denied them--and now they're permanent, because they refused to treat them. Also: prednisone didn't help my disease at all. In fact, just weeks later I was told I was going to die and my mom and I had to drive five hours all the way back to Iowa City, to the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, to see my doctor. The reason why I, a teenager, was going to do, however, was related to the stupid advice my doctors in the hospital gave me, not my disease. Basically what I'm saying is find a good doctor; most likely a good doctor won't put you on prednisone unless it's a last resort and you know what you're getting into. Also you should know, once you're on prednisone you can't just abruptly stop taking it or it can kill you. I wasn't told this. I didn't stop taking it--I followed their orders exactly--but some people I'm sure would just stop taking a drug if it gave them bad side effects, particularly teenagers, so it's really pretty bad that I wasn't told I could die if I stopped taking it. I really wish I had stopped taking it though and just taken the risk.

Related Reading: thyroid disease

Comment from: AVNmom, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 27

My daughter developed osteonecrosis (also known as Avascular Necrosis) (meaning bone death) as a result of this medication. This is not disclosed to the Consumer, but is on the Professional page's adverse side effects. She took this drug for 4 months and she has bone death in her right shoulder, both elbows, wrists, knees, and ankles confirmed with an MRI. If you choose, and I realize some have no choice, to take this drug, watch joints for pain/swelling and DEMAND an MRI because Osteonecrosis will not show up on regular x-ray in its early stages and early diagnosis is essential for early treatment to prevent the collapse of your joints.

Comment from: Puerco, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 18

I'm taking prednisone for probably the 4th time in my life. I've been prescribed it when my asthma gets really severe. I've never taken it for more than 2 weeks at a time. I've always been very happy with the results. One of the side effects that I like is that my 60-year-old body has fewer aches and pains while I'm taking it. I'm on my second day of a 5-day treatment and already my breathing is improving. Because of scarring on my lungs via acid reflux I had a doctor want to put me on this med for a year and a half. After learning of all of the bad side effects I told him no way. 5-14 days is plenty for me and so far hasn't been detimental to my overall health.

Related Reading: asthma

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options