Deltasone User Reviews

Deltasone - User Reviews

Deltasone User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Deltasone sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Pay it Forward, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 19

I've been using this to avoid blindness caused by temporal arteritis. I've only used it a short time and it has an excellent effect on my symptoms - and hopefully will save my vision. I appreciate all the comments offered by previous bloggers and will be more vigilant about watching for these side effects and getting second opinions if necessary.

Related Reading: blindness

Comment from: Anonymous, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 17

I was prescribed Prednisone to determine if I was having an autoimmune reaction. The prednisone helped, it eliminated the issue I was having. The down side is that the side effects were pretty strong. The first day I halved my dose, I experienced hallucinations and spent an afternoon in ER. It also made my face and hands swell, and increased acne. The acne isn't too bad, but it might be worse if I were on the medication longer. Other side effects I've experienced include elevated mood (which was not unpleasant, but not normal), intense pressure in head and eyes, blurry vision and random racing heart rate. I'm ordinarily a very health woman. I work out 5 days a week, eat healthy, sleep 8 hrs a day etc... I think the side effects have been a fair trade for reducing the swelling and pain from the autoimmune disorder. Hopefully won't have to take it again, but if it's needed, it's needed.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 08

Trouble sleeping and anxiety also acne have been a problem although better than the Vasculitis problems.

Related Reading: Vasculitis

Comment from: mary, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 31

This drug is a Godsend for me. I have Crohn's colitis and arthritis and also get PG ( a skin reaction) which is a side efect of the Crohn'S. I would do anything to be able to stay on this drug. when I am taking it, I have a life, when I don't my life goes away. When I am taking Prednisone my Crohn's symptoms are gone, I can walk and stand for an increased amount of time. When I am not on this drug I have diarrhea 10 times a day and I can walk or stand for a maximum of 20-30 seconds. I find it ironic that I am on Remicade infusions which cost $5000 each time (every 2 months) which do nothing for me but 20 mg of prednisone daily give me my life back. Yes I do get the moon face and the substantial weight gain but I have a life.

Related Reading: colitis | arthritis | diarrhea

Comment from: applegase, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 15

I just started to use this 9 days ago. My psoriasis had gotten out of control along with my arthritis. It has been a God send, so far my hands are almost clear and my joints feel better than they have for a long time. I wish I could stay on this.

Related Reading: psoriasis

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options