Demadex User Reviews

Demadex - User Reviews

Demadex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Demadex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: maggie, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 11

frequent muscle and joint pain even with potassium. general run down feeling.

Comment from: mom2kidz, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 19

medication was easily taken and did help with high blood pressure and also fuid retention very well. had side effects of extreme joint/muscle pain and had to come off of it. problem being the side effects for me lasted longer than the medication did.

Related Reading: high blood pressure | muscle pain

Comment from: itsme6503@aol.comnkv427, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 25

Just started taking for fluid retention. The swelling has gone down to where I can actually see my ankles again.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 26

I have found this drug to be very effective in reducing fluid retention.

Comment from: DanK1024, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 27

I have been on Demidex for a few months now. Was on it for 6 months (a year ago). I have found it to be effective when Lasix started to not work. The previous time I experienced the side effect of muscle cramps, which I have not experienced this time.

Related Reading: Lasix | muscle cramps

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 10

Used for several years with very satisfactory results but n Dec 09 became very dehydrated with vomiting (dry heaves)& diarhea for several hours. Adm to hospital ER then to hospital. Did not receive Demadex while in the hospital and have not used since coming home. Reduced edema in legs - less swelling.

Related Reading: Demadex | edema

Comment from: wrdsci, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 29

I have been on Demadex since 2003 when a sudden water retention occured. Same condition my maternal grandmother had at the same age.Tried the generic torsemide which did not work.Excellent results with Demadex. Be sure to have a restroom available because it works within a half hour. I have had no side effects but I do eat a banana/day for potasium depletion and have regular blood tests. Recommend highly.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 26

I had severe edema in my body. Within a week of taking this med I am almost not swolllen at all. Can't wait till next week and hopefully it will all be normal

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 13

Worked very well the first day. I do feel extremely tired and sleepy, hard to concentrate, very thirsty.

Comment from: Bill, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 05

Since I have been taking this medication, I am thirsty alot and I have pain in both nipples. Is that a side effect of this medication?

Comment from: precious, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 01

After 3 days started violently throwing up. Hospitalized for 4 days. Released from hospital thought it perhaps it wasn't the drug and because I gained 11 lbs. in 6 days started taking drug again. Same thing happened. The drug worked I just can't tolerated it.

Comment from: clearglass, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 05

No improvement over several days, depleted potassium levels causing lack of urination exacerbating the problem and fatigue.

Related Reading: fatigue