Demerol User Reviews

Demerol - User Reviews

Demerol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Demerol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 18

Ladies and Gentlemen: demerol is the highest narcotic, just below heroin and methodone which is the same as heroin but based in an analgesic/aspirin. Morphine ranks below demerol. I find it interesting many saying this works better than OTC, this is the reason - and why drs look at you funny when you say im prescribed demerol. Im on methodone/marijuana for spondlythesis grade 4. Opiates/narcotics literally rot your brain by reducing your brain's natural production of endorphines, which is your body's way of dealing with pain. This is the reason why they need to perscribe higher doses or increase frequency. Im shocked at the lack of knowledge of this drug in the public sector and the normal clinical trials and side effects are not listed on this site. Marijuana, with the taboo aside, works more effectively than narcotics and it also relieve anxiety/panic attacks (also a host of other conditions, like muscle pain/tightness) which i suffer too. Marijuana has a 4% addiction rate (without ppl's demonization) with narcotics having a greater than 75% addiction rates. Yes, you heard right, marijuana is almost overdose and addiction proof. Look up marinol, that is the pill form of marijuana. I no longer take narcotics, because of the horrible side effects. Anyone who tries to ween themselves cold turkey off of demerol/narcotics will know what I mean. Methodone is the weening drug and marijuana is replacing that has MUCH easier side effects to deal with. Please exercise caution when you using this drug. If you are using for muscle aches, don't let a dr. Rx you this. Demerol, morphine, methodone and heroin is only for end of life, imho. Marijuana is also used for end of life, but can be used for day-day use. That is why there is greater and greater political and social pressures on the gov't to let physicians Rx it and have another tool in their arsenals. I have had 5, and a friend who is parpalegic 3 top neurologists, tell us it is superior to narcotics.

Related Reading: demerol | aspirin | marijuana

Comment from: missy, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 26

Demerol does not effect me in any way except take the pain away, I don't get tired from it, i don't feel "high", I don't get constipated, its the only pain med that totally agrees with me

Comment from: billy136, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 19

I've had shoulder and neck muscle pain on and off the past 45 years. It started when I was 17 and occured 4 or 5 times until I was 23. I haven't had them since, until 3 weeks ago, when the flared up again. When I was a young man (17-23)I was being treated by an ostheopathic doctor, he gave me physical therapy and prescribed Demerol which always took care of the problem. For me Demerol works better than any other painkiller on the market. But like a previous post here by someone else, you can't get a doctor to prescribe it. The doctors always ask what I can tolerate for painkillers, because I am allergic to percodan and percocet. When I tell them that demerol always worked best for me, they give me a weird look that makes me feel like they think I am a drug addict,lol. Then they all say that doctors very rarely prescribe demerol anymore unless it is an extreme case like an amputation or so, because it is such a strong narcotic. So they always give me Tyleno #3 with codeine, which is okay but it doen't relive the pain that much and it only works for a few hours. Where as demerol always took away my pain and usually lasted 10-12 hours. I really think a lot of doctors are afraid to prescribe strong narcotics for fear of being sued is the patient did indeed become addicted to them.

Related Reading: muscle pain | percodan | percocet

Comment from: Excalibur, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 01

This is the only drug I can take for severe pain that doesn't make me very sick. I had 7 teeth extracted and asked for Demerol specifically. They wanted to give me anything but. They were glad to give me other Codeine, Opiate or hydrocodone based drugs. When I explained I couldn't take them they still resisted??? Although I understand you can become dependent on this drug you can also become dependent on all the others they are willing to write prescriptions for???? I think they think you are suspicious if you ask for something specifically. I know this, it saved me when I had this procedure and I only had to take 5 of the 20 I was prescribed. Don't worry Dr.'s not everyone is an addict.

Comment from: dem/50 mg., 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 25

i have gout occasionnaly and take 800 mg. of advil during the day while at work, but soon as I can after work take 100 mg. demerol and it takes away the feeling of a sledge hammer hitting my ankle every time my heart beats. It is a shame that doctors are afraid to prescribe as this medication works better than the oxycodone that many people get addicted to.

Related Reading: gout

Comment from: phyllis, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 20

It makes me feel a high. I do not get sleepy as some people do with pain killers. So, the pain in better and so is my mood.

Chronic Pain/Back Pain