Denavir User Reviews

Denavir - User Reviews

Denavir User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Denavir sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Laureen, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 07

I was losing a lot of hair. I saw my hair on the floor, in the drain, so bad i did not want to brush my hair. Someone told me about biotin, i have been taking 5000 mg every day for two years now and my hair does not fall out and it is amazingly thicker than it ever was in my life

Comment from: Naynay, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 01

Has lessened hair loss from hypothyroidism, nails are growing faster, slowed adult acne, seems to be helping with diabetic blood glucose control.

Related Reading: hypothyroidism | acne

Comment from: lizziedtown, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 12

It is a miracle! I was losing fist fulls of hair for years, in the shower, when I brushed, and even when I just ran my fingers through my hair. The has completely stopped. After taking 1000 mg of biotin a day for the last 6 months. I rarely lose a single hair. New hair is growing in and my hair is thicker and growing again, I would recommend biotin to anyone who is losing there hair.

Comment from: cris, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 02

I was able to stop hair loss with dosage of 1 tablet/day Biotin 5000MCG(5 mg) plus twice/day application of Minoxidil 2%. I have noticed an unsusual increase in weight over two months of following this treatment. I am concerned that Biotin may be contibuting to this, as it "promotes carbohydrate metabolism". What does this mean? I have kept my same weight all my life, and suddenly I am growing thicker around my waist. No change on diet. Can Biotin cause retention of sugars?, can that be the cause of my weght gain?

Related Reading: Minoxidil

Comment from: Leigh, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 25

I started taking Biotin because I have PCOS and I'm afraid my hair will start falling out, so I am attempting to prevent it. My nails have been a lot nicer. They are stronger and haven't peeled in a long time. My hair feels stronger and thicker, but I still see a lot of hair in the brush. I'm taking 5000mcg each morning.

Comment from: emk, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 23

My daughter and I have hair thinning - I believe because of a change in diet, ie healthier food and weight loss - we both have been taking 5000 mcg per day. Our hair has dramatically thicken - double for me. We have been using this for about 5 months.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 04

I have been somwhat successful in stopping hair loss. A small amount appears to have grown back.

Comment from: curlyQ, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 27

I started to experience hair breakage a few months ago. After trying countless remedies I turned to taking Biotin. I take 5000mcg a day and have noticed that my hair stopped breaking and actually looks fuller. Only one problem, it has started again recently. So yes biotin does work, I just need to look into why my hair breakage is starting up again while taking it.

Comment from: carrolanne, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 18

Well, I decided to give biotin a trie after reading about its effectiveness on thinning hair. I began taking 5000 mcg once a day, however, I began having a feeling of a racing heart and stopped taking it. My daughter is a hair stylist and said she has had several clients mention this happening as well. I may try half the amount and see what happens.

Comment from: reborn, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 30

I began noticing extreme hair loss at 27. Everyone I talked to mentioned different shampoo/conditioner/hair treatment. After my sister returned from deployment, I noticed she would take Biotin to increase strength from constantly maintaining her hair pulled back. I'm into my 5th month and my hair is increasingly thicker and decreased in hair loss.

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 06

My hair had gotten very thin right on top. I started taking Biotin about two months ago and my hair has really gotten a lot thicker. I have also noticed the ridges in my nails are not as bad.

From WebMD