Depakote Sprinkle Capsules User Reviews

Depakote Sprinkle Capsules - User Reviews

Depakote Sprinkle Capsules User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Depakote Sprinkle Capsules sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 24

Used for various kinds of seizures in my 3 yr old. Only effective med after trying Trileptal, Keppra and Topamax. A pain to open each cap and administer with applesauce so ease of use was docked 2 stars for that!

Related Reading: Trileptal | Keppra | Topamax

Comment from: Spacedoubt, 7-12 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: October 12

My daughter has simple partial, complex partial, and generalized tonic clonic seizures. Depakote controls her GTCs pretty well. The things is, she is so exhausted that, even after 10 hours of sleep the night before, school sends her home. She also vomits every day after taking it! I am very concerned about damage it might be doing. Her doctor thinks I'm exagerating. It doesn't control her SPs and CPs completely. Her seizures start in her occipital lobe. We are only taking it because she's allergic to everything else we've tried. I'm so frustrated. She took it as a small child, so her time on it is more like 3 and a half years or so, but this time it's 6 months, maybe.

Related Reading: Depakote | sleep

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 13

my son was put on depakote for partial seizues he is 7 and it changed his behavior drastically. mean and loud and did not care about hurting anyone.

Comment from: chisu_chan, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 12

I was given depakote to erase the crazed mood swings that ruined my ever day life. It took a few weeks for it to kick in, but once it did it improved my life so much. I was able to function properly and go through the whole day without problems. Unfortunantly. You have to keep taking the medicine. My life has been going back to the way it was since my mother stopped helping me get the meds I need.

Comment from: slcline1980, 3-6 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 27

My daugher has seisure disorder that is controlled very well with this midication and has been taking it for about 2 years and has had NO problems and no break through seisures.

Comment from: Pam, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 12

My son has been on this med for 2yrs now and he hasnt had a seizure in that amount of time. I am very familar with meds and how and wht. they r used for and i belive this med is very very great and easy 2 use

Related Reading: seizure

Comment from: momlives4christ, 7-12 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 07

My 8 year old start take about week ago, he has since suffered his reflux and vomiting for 3 days now. Poor guy strt complain of his head feeling bad again, this med is another no go for us.

Comment from: Jeff, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 15

I have been taking Depakote Sprinkles for over 15 years and they work very well at kieeping my seizures under control. I have not had a seizure in over 8 years.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 24

My 9 yr old son has been on Keppra made him crazy hyper. We bith lost 10 lbs trying to keep up with him 9neither of us needed to lose weight). Lamitcal rash and very duh like. Topimax mean to brother and sister. This med seems to work for seizures if we used right I think. He does weird stuff on it like accidents on floor. Always holds up three fingers and looks at them. Shakes his rear end like at dance club. It is hard to know what med is right or not. He had head injury and is relearning to talk. So I have to make the decisions. Not happy with Dr either only 2 child nuros in OK and they are so busy you cant get in or feel they have time to care. I really just hate all the meds he has taken it really slows down his relearning process.

Related Reading: rash | head injury

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.