Depakote Sprinkle Capsules User Reviews

Depakote Sprinkle Capsules - User Reviews

Depakote Sprinkle Capsules User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Depakote Sprinkle Capsules sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 12

this medication caused my seizures to worsen

Comment from: jmbumpus07, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 02

This medicine really helps prevent my horrible ongoing headaches. The only side effect I think I have noticed is that I have become very dependent on my reading glasses. I will need to have my eye sight checked on.

Comment from: Mardigras, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 27

I was on the generic version, Valproic Acid, of Depakote for over 8 yrs. because I had 'Weight Loss Surgery', which makes me unable to take or digest regular Depakote because of its thick enteric coating or any kind of time-released medications. Thus every night I was having to swallow up to 18 Valproic Acid capsules whole to keep my proper Valproic Acid blood level at the correct therapeutic, maintaining my bipolar disorder because the highest dose of it was in 250 mg. capsules. Taking this lg. amt., along with my other night meds. would fill my little stomach/pouch left from my 'WLS', usually upsetting it and filling it to the max. While hospitalized this last July, my Dr. decided to give the Depakote Sprinkles a try. Apparently they're usually prescribed for children because the ease of administrating them. Open them and put on applesauce or pudding. They're wonderful and I get no more upset stomachs and don't dread taking my night bipolar meds. anymore. I need to take (16) 125 mg. capsules, (the strongest dose they come in), to get my proper 2,000 mg. dose, so they're a bit of a pain to open that many but so worth it. My husband usually does it for me now

Related Reading: bipolar disorder

Comment from: 7-12 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 05

Focal seizures

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: October 05

we have to admister with a g tube and the sprinkles tend clog the micky button. But the seizures have been greatly reduced.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 05

TAKING THIS FOR 1 SEIZURE: What I don't like is the WEIGHT GAIN and my face looks fat/puffy. It howevers controls my 1 seizure I had some 11 years ago and helps with migrains.

Comment from: Gabriel, 7-12 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 25

My 8 years son has been taken this medicine for two years now to control his absence seizures. Nausea and stomach ache has been the physical most notorious side effects, but his short term memory is really hard for him at school.

Comment from: Holly, 7-12 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: July 19

Capsules were hard to break open, my 7 year old was terribly moody and angry, she gained 30 pounds in 1 year

Comment from: Sue Thetford, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 22

My husband is taking it for anger management for about 2 weeks. Has experienced edema in extremeties and severe rash, redness, and uncontrollable itching. Am very concerned.

Related Reading: edema | itching

Comment from: 7-12 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 15

It made me have more seizure, and numb ness in my left arm all the time.

Comment from: manic-depressed, 7-12 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 23

It seems somewhat effective in some ways. I am very afraid of the side-effects that is why I don't give the full required dose to my son.

Comment from: nanna5, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 20

i have no idea why i am given this medication along with my klonapin

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.