Depo Medrol User Reviews

Depo Medrol - User Reviews

Depo Medrol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Depo Medrol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 Published: October 25

I was referred by a co-worker who suffers from severe allergies as I do. I went in the same day I found out about Depo-Merolo and got a shot. Within 5 minutes my conjestion was cleared and the dry cough was non-existent. For myself it was a miracle shot.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: carolyn4, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 02

I have had fibromyalgia for 30 years. I am 66. On 10-12 high mg codeine daily, plus naproxen, etc. finally disabled. My family doc has given me a prednisone burst 3 times a year for 5 years. it helps for 2 weeks, then the fibro returns. Went to a female rheumatologist who did complete blood work, etc. and said cortisones CANNOT help fibro. I said, it DOES help me. later i went back after a "burst" and she was amazed at my strength and how i could walk. She waited 30 days, then gave me a 120 mg injection of Depo-Medrol. For about 3 days it did not help. Then it kicked in and for two full MONTHS i have had full range of motion, able to walk up and down steps without my cane, can lift 10 pounds, my husband does not have to help me out of bed or dress me. My family doc said he gives Depo to arthritis patients, but will begin to give me the shots 4 times a year as the rhematologist recommended. For ME, its a wonderful relief from constant, chronic, debilitating pain. I only pray the next shot can also help me.

Related Reading: fibromyalgia | Medrol | arthritis

Comment from: kv, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 03

Be very cautious about using this drug! I had this drug administerred as an ESI for lower back pain relief. Although I did experience relief from back pain, I had sufferred a complete failure of my right-hip which was diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis shortly after my Depo-Medrol treatments. I had no history if hip pain or problems prior to this. The end-result is that I had to have a total hip replacement. I was only 46 at the time of the diagnosis.

Related Reading: lower back pain

Comment from: loveulaters, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 07

Injected at L5,S1 for bulging disk nerve pain radiating down right hip, right leg, where I was getting burning sensation in right hip and pain going down leg with numbing, and having pain in the area of buging disk. I have had 2 injections, one being today the other approximately 2 weeks ago. Injections have been a godsend for me. I feel so much better and can function almost normal and not so down in the dumps anymore....Pain gets to you in a bad way. Don't know what I would have done if I didn't have this procedure. YAY! I just pray to god it will keep lasting.

Comment from: AbigailB, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 24

I have received injections every three months for the last 1.5 years due to chronic back pain from a car accident. The injections are, at first, very painful, and it can take up to 6 days for me to fully recover, but within a week or two I feel perfectly fine! With these injections I am able to retain full range of motion with very limited back pain. Unfortunately, I do have to go through this same process every three months. Side effects for me include bruising and redness at the injection sites (t10-t12 and surrounding muscles on back/spine), pain at injection sites, and severe muscle soreness. I do take prescription pain killers for 3-5 days after receiving injection. Even with the associated pain, I highly recommend this for intramuscular injection! The benefits outweigh the temporary pain issues.

Comment from: TOPITA, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 02

VERY DANGEROUS! YOU CAN LOSE VISION, DEVELOP METABOLISM, CARDIAC AND ENDOCRINE ISSUES!!! DOCTORS ARE IRRESPONSIBLY ADMINISTERING THIS DRUG!!!

Comment from: Matt, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 01

My doctor has administered injections on two separate occasions. One for allergies (WOW..Fantastic!) and once for a skin rash. Worked great for both. I had one yesterday, and I notice that the chronic foot pain that I have had for years is not there today. What a great side effect.

Related Reading: rash | foot pain

Comment from: sanpedro57, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 10

This Drug Depo-Medrol is Good but it made me Gain Weight I Can USE. My Anetheistologist Injectd This Drug for my Condition; Post-Operatve PAIN and Neuropathy due to Chemo, For Lung Cancer And Sever Aspondilitis(Arthiritis),RA Well it is A MIRACLE DRUG for ME. God Bless The DOCTORS And Nurses. THANKS :)

Related Reading: Lung Cancer

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options