Depo Medrol User Reviews

Depo Medrol - User Reviews

Depo Medrol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Depo Medrol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: RSD/CRPS, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 04

RSD/CRPS (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy also called Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome) from and auto accident in 1998. I was totally dysfunctional until 2001 when epidural DepoMedrol injections helped me be able to function within the family (but not return to work). My pain had spread everywhere (meaning in body and limbs, spreading top right, down, then across the spine, top left, down). This drug got it under control. To have had it earlier would have stopped the spread. I get much less of it now than then. I was told benefit would plateau, and it did, but the first effect was dramatic. I still have many problems, but at least I was more available to the family. Side effects of fatigue and depressed mood are temporary, and fade in a week or so after treatment (then I'm back to the normal fatigue and mood from the disease). I recommend the drug to those having had a trauma, and RIGHT AWAY, to stave off the possibility of RSD/CRPS (first six months after trauma). My life would be better had I been treated sooner. Medical community needs to be more aware... There are millions of RSD/CRPS sufferers un-diagnosed, or misdiagnosed.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: Jess, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 14

As i am suffering with O/A and just had a prob with my R/K which was diagnosed as the above since 15th Dec. Took this injection on 30th Dec 2011 n felt a lot better since that time. I even travelled out of state beginning Jan n feel gr8. Tnx to this injection with no side effects

Comment from: Olive, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 20

I have arthritis is my lower back and hips. I've been getting Depo Medrol injections now for 5 years. Dosage is 40mg once every 12 weeks. They have been wonderful for me. For the first few days after I get the injection, I do get a little rapid heart beat, and a bit of indigestion for a few days but nothing to be alarmed about. It does go away as the medicine works. I get a good 8 weeks relief from these injections. They work for me.

Related Reading: Depo Medrol | indigestion

Comment from: dandor5@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 29

I could hardly walk or use my arms, I finally went to the drs and got this injection and felt great by that evening. It lasted about a month, just got another one feel great again. After 1st injection I didn't take it easy for a while, I think thats why it didn't last longer.Its get to get my life back, just hope this one last longer. The tablets worked great too

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 29

my husband got a shot of this in his face and he lost all feeling and it looks like hes had a stroke and its been 3 weeks since injection. i would not recommend this product at all!

Related Reading: stroke

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 07

I have been given this drug twice for short term relief of symptoms for Rhuemitoid Vasculitus. It acted like adreneline for about a day, but the pain and other symptoms went away for weeks. I do get other drugs such as Ritoxin and prednisone, so it is not a solo effect. But I do know when I get it and it definitely has an effect.

Comment from: redburn, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 23

A little muscle discomfort, but effective.

Comment from: ettucat, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 02

Had pain in hip for almost 1 year. Doctor said I had bone spurs from osteoarthritis. Was prescribed a 40mg be given directly into hip joint by a radiologist. It works fairly well, and I much more mobile. However, my one side effect has been ringing in my ears....sounds like a bunch of locusts. I am considering a hip joint "resurfacing," rather than too many shots of Depo Medrol. I understand there can be many other side effects more severe than tinnitus.

Related Reading: bone spurs | osteoarthritis | tinnitus

Comment from: Barbara, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 24

I have severe seasonal allergies. I get a shot in mid-August every year and it helps me get through the worst symptoms with only taking regular doses of over the counter allergy meds.

Related Reading: allergy

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options