Depo Medrol User Reviews

Depo Medrol - User Reviews

Depo Medrol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Depo Medrol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 27

Have had two epidural steroid injections for herniated disks - first injection made me depressed and tired and caused digestive upset, but relieved pain for about four days. Second injection has caused same side effects along with a migraine that pretty much has not gone away completely for two weeks.

Related Reading: migraine

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 12

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 15 years ago. I get Depo-Medrol shots whenever I have a flare-up in my neck and shoulders, a couple of times a year. They work great and I never notice any side effects. This is the perfect choice for me.

Comment from: John, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 02

I suffer with severe Spondylolisthesis, severe shoulder joint, severe diabetic neuropothy. Unknown cause of numerous other body pains, similiar to neuropathy from diabetes. Depression, Tired, lack of agility and mobility. This medication brings me back to life. It's a miracle for me to come alive and move around. Renewed interest in Life. I love it and I wish some of these Doctors would allow me to take more. It's the only treatment that really works.

Related Reading: Spondylolisthesis | diabetes | Depression

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 16

I couldn't walk for 5 days until I went to the DR and the inject me with Depo-Medrol. It made me sleepy but I was able to walk and run in about 12 hours.

Comment from: NEVER AGAIN!, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 26

Just one trigger point injection of 20 mg. depo-medrol 4 months ago resulted in numerous side effects. The menstrual irregularities, red face and chest and extreme insomnia have subsided, but the pain in arms, hands, legs and feet persists and isn't letting up at all. I was told by my doctor that this was merely a "pediatric" dose and harmless. Found out later the proper dosage for depo-medrol. In addition to being in the package insert material it's posted in the July 15, 2002 issue of the American Family Physician Journal (article title "Joint and Soft Tissue Injection"): 2 to 10 mg for soft tissue and small joints. So, the 20 mg I received for one trigger point (soft tissue injection) is excessive. Corticosteroids are very potent drugs and in my experience with both depo-medrol and kenalog (also horrible side effects) doctors tend to be incredibly cavalier in administering these meds and have a collective blind spot when it comes to side effects.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 07

painful for the first 24 hours, limited range of motion

Comment from: lbferguson, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 02

I was given 3, X-ray guided injections of Depo Medrol, 80mg, for my severe sciatic pain which I have had for 5 years. None of the injections worked at all, not even for one day. It was a complete waste of time and over $600 out-of-pocket. Never again :(

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 22

The medication caused halucinations, weight gain of 20 lbs. in three days. Hair dye came out of my hair, dried out my hair, unable to sleep.

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options