Depo-SubQ Provera User Reviews

Depo-SubQ Provera - User Reviews

Depo-SubQ Provera User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Depo-SubQ Provera sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: me, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 31

Tried this a few years ago. Spotted for the whole three months. NEVER again will I try something I can't stop at will...you can't take the injection back out!

Comment from: cajuntink, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 13

I love this birth control method. I feel great i have no problems wit it and it works. sure, yeah you'll gain a little weight but thats your responsiblity to keep your weight down dont blame the drug. and i barely have a period which is what i love most and the fact i cant get pregnant(but always use condoms no matter what). Otherwise its a great drug, use it. :)

Related Reading: birth control

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 26

I was on the shot a few years ago...never had any problems no bleeding that lasted for months nothing....I got off of it and had my 3rd son and then got back on it....I never did lose all my baby weight and by being on the shot now seems like I'm having the hardest time ever to lose a pound. Of course mydoctor told me thatif I can control my urges I will not have a problem with gaining any weight. Gotta learn self control....Other then that I love it!!! I do ge my period around the week before my next shot it's not heavt at all and lats for about 3 days....

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 02

I had horrible mood swings a constant heavy flow period for 4 weeks straight and the cramps were not worth the convience...dont do it girls!!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 14

I was on this for 10 years. I only stopped because my husdand has ED with no real help in sight in the near future. I had no periods for 10 years. I loved it. I could not justify spending to money any more. I never thought about it ever.

Comment from: ultrasound, 35-44 (Patient) Published: May 31

switched from lybrel to depo.spotted for two weeks. nothing major. haven't had any side effects. this drug affects everybody differently as with any drug.

Related Reading: lybrel

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 18

This medication made me lose weight substantially anorexically and depression set in plus affected my nervous system and mild zeisures came with this medication and hot flashes...it affected me psychologically..it made have periods periodically so i will stop after one dosage of 3 months..

Related Reading: depression | hot flashes

Comment from: Dawn Davis-Lenoir, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 27

It is nice that I don't have to worry about taking a pill everyday.....BUT I had mood swings when I was near that time of the month! It is not worth my sanity!

Comment from: w.k., 13-18 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 19

I Was on this medication for about 9 maybe 10 months and i didnt like it at all. i was moody all the time. and i gained so much weight.. i started eating less, but i felt bloated and hungry all the time. and i just felt everything i would eat i gained weight. i constantly bled for 9months straight on the shot. i personally did not like the depo provera, and will never get it again.

Related Reading: depo provera

Comment from: meganm, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 14

I have been on this contraceptive because my period lasted for for 13 months and I think its the best birth control out there!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 03

I took one dose of this, which lasts for three months. In the last three months I have had more problems than ever before. I have had major emotional/mood swings, acne problems and breakthrough bleeding that has lasted over 35 days. I called my dr. after a month and a half and demanded to be put on something different. I will never again use a drug that lasts for three months and I have no control over! Do Not Use This!

Related Reading: acne