Derma-Smoothe Scalp/FS User Reviews

Derma-Smoothe Scalp/FS - User Reviews

Derma-Smoothe Scalp/FS User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Derma-Smoothe Scalp/FS sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 02

My son had a drug reaction to Remicade which caused severe Psoriasis on his scalp for 8 months. I tried every shampoo and prescribed shampoo and washing hair up to 5 times a day. I was at my wits end, I was even using pliers to break the scales apart on his scalp and ready to cut off all his hair since he couldn't get it cut anywhere because so bad. Then GI refered us to dermatalogist who prescribed Derma-smoothe. This product cured my son's Psoriasis in 2 treatments. 1st treatment he left on for 9 hours and then washed it out. That night he was late home and couldn't do the treatment on day 2. The next morning he showered and the scales just fell right out of hair when drying. So we did treatment (2) that night, and by the next morning everything was gone from hair after washing. No other treatments have been needed since. This in my book gets 3 A+'s. I might even think about letting my son go back on Remicade now that we can treat the side effect of a much needed treatment he requires.

Related Reading: Remicade | Psoriasis

Comment from: Happy, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 25

I have had scalp problems for years but thanks to my new stylist, she was able to identify my condition and referred me to a Dermatologist. I was prescribed Derma Smoothe and it worked wonders! My scales were literally almost completely gone after one use. I treated my scalp with Derma Smoothe for 3 days and the results are amazing!!! I am african-american and I can tell you that this product works. Yes, it is drying to our hair but with a good conditioner, you should be fine. Now, I only have to use Derma Smoothe when I have flare ups. I am so grateful that I do not have to walk around embarassed anymore. I feel free!!!!!

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 03

Only used it for for four days. Head was flaking, and bad itch.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 09

My normally healthy hair was falling out in clumps. A wonderful dermatologist at Emory correctly diagnosed psoriasis and prescribed a two-step treatment: First Derma-Smoothe for at least 4 hours to loosen the scales, then after shampooing, applying Fluocinonide. The Derma-Smoothe is predominantly oil, so I agree with those who find it challenging to wear the shower cap for hours, but it really works. Without the softening oil treatment first, the Fluocinonide just made my scalp flake, but the Derma-Smoothe makes the scales disappear. Using it once or twice a week has kept my scalp psoriasis under control for about 10 years now, and I have a thick healthy head of hair.

Related Reading: scalp psoriasis

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 27

I prefer to shower at night, so allowing the medication to sit for 4 to 6 hours was problematic at times. However, the product worked wonderfully for me. I have used it once every other day, and approximately 96% of all scales were gone after one use. Unfortunately, this is not a cure for scalp psoriasis. At least it helped me with removing the scales, and it appeared to slow down the accumulation of scales afterwards or in between uses.

Comment from: Happy Hair, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 24

For the past year my scalp has become very crusty & scale so I went to the Dermatologist. At first they prescribed a topical steroid, after using this for several months my conditioned didn't get any better. I went back to my doctor and she prescribed Derma Smoothe. I used it three nights in a row and it has worked so fantastic. My scalp is completely cleared of all crusty scales and when I shake my head it doesn't look like it's snowing…YEA! Wearing the shower cap at night was so worth the wonderful results. I only wish I would have started to use this months ago.

Comment from: Mike, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

For me this is by far the most effective treatment of scalp psoriasis, it makes major improvememts after one use. I need to use it once weekly to maintain results. It isn't easy of use, keeping oil under a shower cap for at least 4 hours (and hearing my wife complaining), but the results are worth it.

Comment from: Lucy, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 20

This oil is Scalp saver, without it I cannot go to my hairdresser. Recently after trying 2 different pharmacies I have been unable to have my prescription, they tell me it is not available but dont know why. As anyone else experienced this?

Comment from: buddysmom, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 20

Works well for my itchy, flaky scalp which seems to come and go with the seasons. Use a little and keep it on during the day.Very thick hair so the oilness of the product does not affect me as much.