DermOtic Oil User Reviews

DermOtic Oil - User Reviews

DermOtic Oil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication DermOtic Oil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: LyzzieLette, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 27

These ear drops are the only thing that has helped my itchy ears. I had been dealing with this problem for at least a year, and I finally have relief! I have not experienced any side effects while using this drug.

Comment from: lacpeb, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 28

I suffered for nine months. My ears itched like crazy. They were scaley and oozed clear liquid. Eventually, they started to bleed. The itching would wake me up at night. I saw three doctors. My allergist diagnosed it as a fungal infection and prescribed an anti-fungal ointment. The second physician was in the emergency room of our local hospital. He said it was bacterial and gave me a prescription for Neomycin and Plymyxin B Sulfates and Hydrocortisone Otic; it didn't work. I finally went to an ear, nose and throat specialist who immediately diagnosed it as ear eczema. He ordered the oil and a cream (Triamcinolone Acetonide .1%). The itching was gone in three days and I haven't had a problem since. The age of the doctor had nothing to do with my recovery.

Related Reading: itching | Hydrocortisone | eczema

Comment from: silentheart, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 20

this is the onlyyyy thing in 6 yrs(besides olive leaf extract =) that has helped my ears and given me total relief from pain and itching. thank god for an older ear specialist who finally gave me an rx for it. all the other younger doctors just gave me antibiotics that didnt work. thank you dermotic oil!!!!

Comment from: Don M., 75 or over Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 10

my only complaint is the burning sensation from its application which is severe and lasts for hours.

Comment from: shirleyannk, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 10

I have used it three times. Today I got very dizzy and thought I was going to faint. I sat myself on the floor for a short time. Took my blood pressure which was OK. I looked it up and that is one of the rare side effects. Not sure if I want to continue use.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 27

Ear itching was so bad it would wake me up at night. Dermatologist suggested this medication. Finally, I can sleep through the night.

Comment from: Kathytrinket, 55-64 (Patient) Published: March 02

Great stuff IT releived the itch instantly but messy to use

Comment from: Susan, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 21

The only drug that has helped chronic itching of the ear.

Comment from: TheTraveler, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 05

I had ear wax build up so bad that I was back in my Ear Doc's office every month to have it removed. Plus it was clogging me so bad that I couldn't hear half the time. This has been going on for 3 years! This oil cleared it up completely!

Related Reading: ear wax