Desoxyn User Reviews

Desoxyn - User Reviews

Desoxyn User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Desoxyn sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 17

I had tried everything for my severe case of ADHD. After finding that Adderall made me feel like I was on a drug especially the headaches and upset stomach from coming off the adderall XR, trying dextrostat, and every drug to help treat ADHD... I thought I was all out of options. Then I had asked my doctor and he brought up desoxyn. I've been happy taking this for over 2 years and for once, I finally feel normal. I do not ever feel like I'm on a drug. I can focus, sleep normal, eat, work, and do everything I've ever wanted to do like everyone else. I would never suggest this drug to anyone for the reasons of what it is unless everything you've tried has failed, your case of ADHD is very severe, and you are under the care of a psychiarist. I take 25 mgs daily of the 5 mg pills (3 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon). I've never lost any weight off this or ever thought of abusing it. Infact, I've been sober for over 2 years from drugs and alcohol so, for those that are abusing this drug obviously need serious help.

Related Reading: ADHD | Adderall | desoxyn

Comment from: rsoclon, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 23

After trying the non-stimulant ADHD drugs for my Adult ADD, the Doctor tried ADDERAL which solved the ADD problem right away. There were side effects like the jitters and talking almost in a studder. The Dr. tried DESOXYN and the ADD relief stayed and the side effects left. It does not even feel like I'm taking a stimulant. I'm taking 25mg/day two when I get up in the morning and one tablet at 10AM, 2PM, and 4PM, simple as that.

Comment from: Tarala, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 21

I have had attention deficit disorder for most of my life and this medication has allowed me to live and hold down a job successfully for the last 5-10 years.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 17

I have been on most stimulant meds for treatment of ADD and this just works plain and simple. I have been on adderall XR, regular Adderall, Vyvanse, Concerta, Concerta XR, Ritalin, ritalin SR, etc. I had so many side effects and the meds not working for more than a month or so. I finally talked with my doctor after doing my research and reading raw user reviews about this medication and i finally feel that i am on the right medication. My life is better today because of good doctors and people sharing there experiences.

Related Reading: Vyvanse | Concerta | Ritalin

Comment from: Naa, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 28

Tried everything else but this stuff works. Dosen't solve the whole problem -nothing does but without it I would be alot worse. It does not make you happy though. I like being ADD just nobody else likes it. Been using it for 10+ years and get 40mg a day. Average Use varies according to tasks.

Comment from: Nick, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 30

I have taken Desoxyn for just over four years now, and I am prescribed it for ADD as well as to help with my refractory depression. I had previously been on Adderall, Ritalin, Focalin, Concerta, and Dexedrine/Dextrostat. All of them either stopped working well, or got to the point where the dosage was so high that the side effects over-powered the desired effects (particularly with Adderall and Concerta, which happened at a total of 120mg/day and 144mg/day, respectively). Just before I switched to Desoxyn, I was taking 2x15mg Dexedrine XR and 4x10mg Dexedrine IR tablets a day, for a total of 70mg daily. This was getting to be too much for me, so I made the switch. What impressed me at first was that at just 20mg/day, I was getting the same ADD-helping effects from the Desoxyn that it took 70mg of Dexedrine to achieve, but I felt NO SIDE EFFECTS. The Desoxyn is smooth, lacking the ups-and-downs of the time-release stimulants, of which Adderall and Concerta were the worst IMO. Not only that, but unlike the IR Adderall or Dexedrine which only lasted 4-5hrs thus requiring the XR/ER be taken as well, the Desoxyn 5mg IR tablets work fully for a solid 8 hours, with a very smooth and light comedown afterwards unlike the "crash" from the regular amphetamines. Pros: High potency = lower dose, fewer side effects, long duration of action without requiring any "extended release" system, less interrupting to sleep, appetite suppression is slightly more mild Cons: Expensive (120tab = $640), rarity makes it difficult to find a pharmacy that carries it so it will likely have to be special-ordered, twice-day dosing may cause sleep interruptions for some people, "stigma" associated with m,-amphetamine, majority of MD/PharmD have no idea what Desoxyn is Overall, it has been, for me, the best solution to my ADD. In five years, I have never even had to have one dose adjustment!

Related Reading: depression | Focalin | Dexedrine