Desoxyn User Reviews

Desoxyn - User Reviews

Desoxyn User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Desoxyn sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: testa1, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 25

I have been on every stimulant out there from adderall to Vyvanse and after several months they eighter stopprd working or they did not work at all and had some bad side effects. This drug simply works. Ive been on it for five years now and I only had two dose adjustments during yhat time. I started out with 25mg twice daily and now im on 40mg twoce daily. This drug is very effective.

Comment from: Tony, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 19

I gets me going in the morning and helps my love life.Its a miracle drug!!!

Comment from: Better now, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 04

All the other drugs ruined my sons appetite and interferred with sleep and made him anxious. Desoxyn is gentle compared to all the other stimulants we tried. Eats well, sleeps well. Only problem is stigma and having to take more than one pill/day. Get on the track FDA and let the time release back on the market. This drug has been around for at least fifty years. It used to be available as a 15mg time release tablet. This worked great, now we have to carry the medicine around with us all the time and with all the anti-drug hysteria thats no picnic. I hate the FDA! With all their careful (read slow and behind the science) studies or lack of them. Most European and Canadian countries citizens don't suffer half as much. And the FDA has approved very many drugs that have serious side effects including death. And we are no better for it. Leave it up to my Dr. and myself.

Comment from: cmtexas, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 23

When I 1st began taking this medication it caused me to have and upset stomach but that only lasted a few weeks and was sporatic. I've been taking this for roughly a year now and hoe glad I am to not have realized Desoxyn is methamphetamine, or else I would probably be like some of the others that have a negative perception from a lack of education about the drug's clinical uses. It's sad really that perception really is about 90% of what people think is true and it will take a long time for the majority to see the benefits of this medication. I started with the adderall and the many others that have since been developed and the side effects of those gave me the shakes, harder come downs, and just didnt work as well for my symptoms. I might as well have been a drug addict because the perception I was giving while I was conducting a managerial meeting with hands that would constantly shake was probably just that. Everyone at work and home are surprised at the difference but how fast that perception would change should I inform everyone that the change is the direct result of a change in my medication from amphetamine to methamphetamine. It's sad really.

Comment from: Sonny, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 10

It made some of my teeth go bad. I had to have one of my permanent back teeth pulled because it died.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 28

helped many years ago

Comment from: Mister President, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 17

Best medication for ADHD by far. It has less side effects than all the others, I've tried all the other medications for ADHD and none of them even come close to Desoxyn's efficacy. It only comes in 5mg instant release formulation however one tablet lasts as long as most XR medications. One desoxyn 5mg far outlasts Dexedrine XR. I really like the no side effects aspect. All the other medications gave me terrible anxiety, insomnia, hypertension, body load, dry mouth, headaches, no appetite, etc. This medication is totally different and I have none of these symptoms. Adderall XR is by far the worst in terms of side effects. I've been on this medication for quite a few years and I have never required a dose increase, the same dose remains effective over the years.

Related Reading: anxiety | insomnia | dry mouth

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 21

slowed down hyperactivity

Comment from: Dorthy Riddles, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 13

This drug if given by a Dr. who understands addiction and weighs the risk of street Meth vs. Goverment Meth would gladly write a script for those people who have used Meth for 10plus years and are unable to live life without it. It could be a MIRACLE for those seeking a legal way out of a no win situation.