Desyrel User Reviews

Desyrel - User Reviews

Desyrel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Desyrel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: christianna, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 27

I suffer from insomnia and depression. This medication lets me ease into a refreshing sleep without the nightmares of other sleep meds.

Related Reading: insomnia | depression | sleep

Comment from: me, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 13

I have been taking this drug for at least 15 years for severe insomnia after someone broke into my home while I slept. It has been a fantastic drug to put me to sleep and keeps me asleep all night. Does not cause hangover effect at all for me in the morning.

Comment from: Diawnie, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 18

I have been using this for several years now and have found it to be a wonderfull drug. It allows me to fall asleep within 30 mins. I had always had big trouble going to sleep because my head would just not stop. I can not stop thinking. Now after a very short time this drug allows my head to slow down enough to finally fall asleep. I am very happy with this drug.

Comment from: bicez, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 16

This medication was prescribed for insomnia. It has been very effective so far. I have been taking it for about three weeks with no side effects.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 25

This is been an absolute answer to prayers for me. I have suffered from insomnia for years and tried many drugs, often resulting in weight gain or "hangovers" from the strength of the drug. Desyrel lets me get a full night's sleep and leaves me feeling well rested in the morning.

Related Reading: Desyrel

Comment from: nurse, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 26

I have had trouble sleeping since my menopause days. Have tried other meds but still woke up at night. Some meds caused me to be too sleepy in the morning. But Trazodone allowed me to get a great night sleep and wake up alert and ready for the day.

Related Reading: menopause

Comment from: kim, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: September 09

this medication can be very harmful. my mothers doctor prescribed her a large doseage and i thought it was alot but i didnt say anything. my mother didnt wake up one morning. her autopsy came back and it turned out this is waht killed her.

Comment from: xultr, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 10

I have had chronic insomnia for years.Ambien and finally Valium assisted temporarily. However I became dependent on the Valium. Switching to Trazadone helped me get free of the Valium addition (over 3 weeks). I now sleep well with 150mg at bed. Some dry mouth but I feel great...wow!

Related Reading: Ambien | Valium | dry mouth

Comment from: cINDY 6, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 29

AFTER BEING IN DENIAL ABOUT MY ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION I FINALLY WENT TO THE DR. HE PUT ME ON 50 MIL AND I HAVE FELT GREAT.I DONT DRIVE TO WORK IN THE MORNING WITH ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION ANYMORE AND I SLEEP GREAT,NO MORE RACING THOUGHTS OR DREAMS,AND I SLEEP LIKE A BABY!

Related Reading: ANXIETY

Comment from: dvmercy@netzero.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 13

Diagnosed in 2000 with depression,insomnia,fibromyalgia, anxiety,Chronic Fatique,IBS, neuropathy,migraines,seasonal affective disorder(SAD). Works well for sleep I actually get into REM stage sleep and dreaming again. A person I know takes 200-300mg and she behaves with extreme hostily and anger towards peopleI think some people become psychotic on this med.