Desyrel User Reviews

Desyrel - User Reviews

Desyrel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Desyrel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 12

I have been using this drug for about ten years and it has been great for me. I feel fine in the morning and have no side effects.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 18

I take this 1/2 hour before I go to bed and I am finally sleeping all night everynight which is a true blessing,however,I need a full 8 hours of sleep otherwise I wake up with a headache. I would recommend this med for anyone with Insomnia.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: Matthew99, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 16

I have tried many anti depressents and other sleep aids. I have chronic anxiety, very minor depression, and severe insomnia. I have been on seroquil, and although it made me sleep well, the side effects weren't fun. Today I use 100mg Trazadone and 1 mg of Xanax. I take the trazadone at night just before I go to sleep and I sleep very well. Sometimes I'm a little groggy in the morning but that doesn't last long. I take the Xanax 3 times a day and it works well with my anxiety. Seems like the mix of the 2 has really changed my overall quality of life and its been wonderful just being able not worry about every little minor thing. Nice thing about the Trazadone is that it doesn't affect your REM sleep so I wake up refreshed.

Related Reading: Xanax

Comment from: BoberttheRob, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 28

With Desyrel I haven't had many complaints. Like some have said, sometimes I wake up with a stuffy nose. And as time goes on it's become less effective. Not surprised. What I raelly wanted to say is that I've been taking a look at what's in Desyrel/Trazadone on wikipedia and learning some surprising info. Chloroquie: it cures malaria, but gives you a hell of a stomach ache and blurred vision. Digoxin - heart damage. Phenytoin: produces horizontal gaze nystagmus, has been linked to Fetal Alcohol Syndrome... apparently it builds up in your cerebral cortex after a while (the part of your brian that allows movement), makes your gums bleed, give you Lupus, seizures, ataxia, sudden sedation. I realize thtat the form these ingredients take as a part of Trazadone interact differently than they do on their own, and I admit my own ignorance of pharmacology. But why all this stuff? Plus it looks like a lot of their stuff is made from human waste. kina fascinaiting.

Related Reading: malaria | Fetal Alcohol Syndrome | Lupus

Comment from: Judy, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 18

Have used 100 mgs at bedtime for many years for sleep disorder. Have had two incidents of it suddenly not working. Found it was due to different suppliers. As a caregiver, and as a patient, have found it is important to start with lowest dosage and increase until effective.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 29

My issue was insomnia and some minor depression. I've only been on the trazadone for two nights now (50 mg). It works very quickly. I have had two good night's rest. However, I am getting the stuffy nose. This is annoying, but it really only lasts for about 1 hr. I hope this goes away, as I like being able to sleep.

Comment from: angie5032, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 30

I have from occasional insomnia due to depression and anxiety. Trazadone has worked wonders for me and helps me sleep while taking a very small dosage. It is not addictive like some other sleep meds and I don't always have to take it. There is no rebound insomnis or bad hangover effect. I am very satisfied with this drug.

Comment from: nikebug26003, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 31

I am experiencing extreme bloating and nausea after 4-5 weeks of starting this med....has anyone else had this problem? thanks

Comment from: olivia, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 11

I've been taking Desyrel several years. It usually helps me sleep, but here lates I've had more difficulty sleeping. It appears to have no bad effects.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 24

Helped my sleeping problem but extremely lowered my sex drive and sensation.Will stop taking it.Sex with my husband is more important to me than sleeping:(.