Desyrel User Reviews

Desyrel - User Reviews

Desyrel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Desyrel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 27

As been diagnosed with G.A.D. and chronic sleeping disorder in 2005, I have tried many sleeping medications, most of them my body becomes immune to after a month or two. Last night, 7/26/08, I took Trazodone 150mg for the first and last time. It did not put me to sleep within a normal time frame and I kept waking up every hour and a haft to two hours. My dream was so vivid, it scared me. I woke with a server headache, blurred vision, dry mouth, dizziness and disorientation. It took me two hours just to get out of bed with these symptoms and after been awake for over four hours now, I still have the headache and disorientation. The only constellation to this drug is that I took it on a Saturday night. If it had been during the work week, there would be no way I would be able to drive myself to work.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 14

It gives me a very bad headache it last all day

Comment from: TiredLu, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 16

I was prescribed this drug, 50 mg, for severe, chronic, menopausal-related insomnia. Ambian, Lunesta and all herbal rememdies have been ineffective. After reading all the reviews I was hopeful. However, after only two nights, I will no longer be taking this medication. Within about 30 minutes of taking the drug, my heart started racing. I was unable to fall asleep in a reasonable length of time. Once I did, I kept waking every 30 minutes or so, all night. This morning, I woke to a terrible headache, swollen eyelids and swollen fingers. Yesterday, during the day I experienced moderate agitation at work. I am happy this drug works for most folks. I recommend a person tries it for severe insomnia if prescribed. It is quite terrible to go w/o good quality sleep for so long. I hope I will find it someday.

Related Reading: Lunesta

Comment from: RichardP, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 07

I have taken this medication for approx 30 years with no difficulties.

Comment from: susang90638, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 20

After taking 150 mg of trazedone for 28 years, my insomnia was worse than ever. When I quit taking the trazedone, it became exponentially worse. I couldn't sleep at all. Or even go to sleep. I was awake for 4 days and nights straight. I then decreased the dosage over a 1 year period. Haven't taken it for 9 months now and believe that it has permanently altered my brain chemistry re sleep. Also my reaction to some drugs. Nitrous oxide no longer affects me. This is my dentist's opinion. Benadry and other antihistamines don't make me sleepy no matter how many I take. Halcyon does nothing, no matter what dosage. I believe this is the result of long-term use of trazedone. I would not recommend it to anyone for long-term use. It is dangerous. It seems innocuous, but it is not.