Detrol LA User Reviews

Detrol LA - User Reviews

Detrol LA User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Detrol LA sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: CJK743@HOTMAIL.COM, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 10

DETROL LA HAS CERTAINLY HAD AN ADVERSE AFFECT UPON MY MEMORY. WOULD LIKE MORE IN.FORMATION ON THIS SIDE AFFECT WHICH WAS NEVER MENTIONED PRIOR

Related Reading: DETROL LA

Comment from: Elizabeth, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 18

I took Detrol LA for three weeks in January of 2007. I didn't have dry mouth, or dry lips and nose. I developed severe constipation constipation which developed into chronic constipation. I have been suffering after taking Detrol LA for more than a year now. I never had constipation before taking Detrol LA. I took this medication for three weeks and discontinued it more than a year ago and am suffering every day since with Chronic Constipation. I have used several laxatives like Dulcolax, Senna Smooth, Ex Lax Chocolate Chews, and Correctol to name a few to combat my constipation. Including Miralax and Enulose. I am currently taking Amitiza for Chronic Constipation. I will never be the same again after taking Detrol LA. I do not recommend this medication to any one. I do not wish anyone to go through the horror that I have and am still going through.

Related Reading: dry mouth | constipation | Detrol

Comment from: bkatt13, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 26

I have been on Detrol LA, and any of the other medications that treat Overactive Bladder for over the past 10 years. I have experieced all of the side effects that they list. I am tired all the time, and have blurry vision. I also have the dry eyes, dry mouth and the constipation that are shown to be side effects. But what we are not told is that if this medication has such a drying effect on the eyes, mouth and bowels...what about the rest of our body??? The skin over my entire body is dry, and this medication has destroyed my scalp. I am clawing at it all the time. I have tried different shampoos as reccommended by a dermotologist and no relief. Detrol LA is not smart enough to only dry the areas we are told about by the pharmisudical company that manufactures it. It is drying the entire body. I also suffer from urge incontinence, so I am always struggling with these issues...but I am going to visit a gyn urologist and see if I have any other options. Living with these side effects is not an optimal way to live if there are other options. I hope I can get off of this. I also saw people posting memory issues...I just thought mine were hormonal. Maybe not, I just don't know.

Related Reading: Overactive Bladder | dry eyes

Comment from: smax59, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 03

Drug works to fix frequent urination and occasional bladder spasms but the side effects were too much for me. Shortly after taking Detrol I was sleepy, disoriented and lethargic. I am an attorney and could not continue to take this drug -- regardless of its effectiveness -- if it interferes with my ability to be awake and attentive.

Related Reading: bladder spasms

Comment from: cinn003, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 23

This medication works ok but, i had to stop taking it due to severe side effects. I had dizzyness, trouble breathing, blurred vision, over all was very sick. I stopped taking it and i was fine. I wouldnt recommened this at all!

Comment from: lindy, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 23

I'm just trying to find out the best time of day to take Detrol, was on for several years, went off. Realized it really did help and want to take again, but would like to know if it is better taken in the morning or evening.

Comment from: KAT1052, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 10

WONDER DRUG! I CAN NOW SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT, NO MORE PEEING 6 TIMES A NIGHT, NO SIDE EFFECTS!

Related Reading: SLEEP

Comment from: nannymcb22, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 24

I am on my feet at work for nearly 8 hours a day, hustle & busling - very hard to be hitting the bathroom every half hour to 45 minutes and knowing if you don't go now you won't make it. Detrol LA fixed that problem completely. I also sleep thru the night.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.