Detrol LA User Reviews

Detrol LA - User Reviews

Detrol LA User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Detrol LA sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: letje, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 18

I have been taking this med for 1 1/2 years. 4 mg does not do it any more. I am taking a double doses now and it works again. the side effects I have is dry eyes a bit of a dry mouth. But it is well worth it.

Comment from: Overactive bladder, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 02

I am a young, healthy male with no reason to be losing control of my bladder. This drug has been wonderful. I sleep at night and don't have to watch for every bathroom.

Comment from: whitetigress03102, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 19

I was using this medicine for awhile and decided I did not need it anymore, I was wrong. It works really well and am getting it prescribed again.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 15

6 yrs now of use-gave me back my life-cotton mouth solved w chewing gum-no other side effects-drink tons of water regularly-with in 30 min of taking have to go #2(normal consistancy)- no caff. drinks, that seems to void the medicine- can hold for hours if need to (job prevents me from going hourly)

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 24

so far i have had 1 day of dry mouth and every-day mild nausia when i take the medication and it makes me sleepy, .on the 2nd day of taking this medicine i noticed my symtoms were gone.thankyou :)

Comment from: redmimi38, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 20

DON'T TAKE THIS CRAP!!!!!!!! It makes you dizzy, have an upset stomach constantly, constipated, BAAD HEADACHE constantly, blurred vision and very tired. BAD NEWS. PERIOD

Related Reading: HEADACHE

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 17

This medication when taken immediately before bedtime has significantly reduced frequent urination during the night. Allows me to sleep better.

Comment from: Debbie V, 75 or over on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: February 06

My 84 year old mother, who has dementia, had been taking 4mg per day for many years. Initially it helped a lot, but her incontinence has progressively worsened. The urologist had her try 2 other meds, and she was off of all incontinence meds for a full week before starting the next med. She was MUCH less confused and had fewer memory issues while off the meds. She has also had many more dental cavities lately, and I have read it can be related to the dry mouth that Detrol causes. We have decided to take her off the incontinence meds permanently.

Related Reading: dementia | cavities

Comment from: Doughboy, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 18

Getting up from a chair, or out of the car, or out of bed etc. I will start to pee. I wear a pad all the time but sometimes I can't quit and have a mess [goes through my pad, underwear and clothes. Very embarrassing! I told my doctor I wanted to see a specialist and get it taken care of now!

Comment from: Linda, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 25

This medication was prescribed for a sagging bladder. Very easy to use having to take 1 capsule per day, but causing alot of side effects. See little difference in frequency for this medication to be beneficial enough to offset the side effects.

Comment from: Not good , 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 11

My problem got worse and I had to go more often. I was drosey, my entire body was dry and the more water I drank the more I had to go (5-6 times a night and 10 -12 times before noon). Took it for 2 weeks and had to discontinue.

Comment from: llsteff, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 30

I am a 53 year old female with overactive bladder. It has changed my life! I have been on it for 9 months. I have had no bad side effects. One person mentioned aching legs at night which i do have though. I had never seen it mentioned as a side effect but perhaps it is? I will ask my dr. Other than that possible side effect this drug is wonderful.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.