Dexamethasone User Reviews

Dexamethasone - User Reviews

Dexamethasone User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dexamethasone sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 18

I feel more side effects with this medication than any I have ever taken. I am bloated, retaining water, sweating profusely with little exertion, eating all the time, craving sweets, not able to taste very well and have been extremely irritable since about the 3rd day of the 13 day regimen. Thankfully tomorrow is my last day on these meds, taken to reduce inflammation in my inner ear, evedinced by vertigo.

Related Reading: vertigo

Comment from: schurkemom, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 28

untreated lung/brain cancer. used to address symptoms and is prolonging and making my life bearable. the side effect are terrible but I'll trade them any day for the vision loss, dementia, unbearable headaches with eye pain. I'm into pallitive radiation now and hope to wean off in couple weeks. if not then I'll keep doing whatever it takes to get to the end with the best quality time with family and friends. there is no cure and opted not to have chemo.

Related Reading: brain cancer | dementia

Comment from: twelve.stringuitar, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 24

I have been taking this medication for two months and I have had weight gain and cravings of sweet and salty foods. I have uncontrolable urges to eat all the time. In turn, I have noticed that my skin has cleared up and is softer than before. And the "exessive leakage" I had "down there" for years is gone. Now its only there when it's supposed to be. My additional hair growth, in places you don't want it to be, has slowed and I have not had any new hair growth. I will be taking it for an additional 5 months. Will keep you posted on any changes.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 04

Dexamethasone oral tablets(4 mg) taken three (3) times per day has elevated my mood, increased my appetite, and significantly reduced my stage-IV cancer symptoms.

Related Reading: Dexamethasone | cancer

Comment from: Anthony123, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 06

My endo doctor is treating my Adrenal glands from not producing cortisol. I've gained 20 lbs.Uncontrolable urge for chocolate.And I don't know if this is a side effect but my Spine seems to be weakening.Anyone with this spine issue please reply.

Comment from: Hope, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 24

The medication has slowed down the swelling on the tumor on my brain. And I have not yet had any side effects from it.

Related Reading: tumor

Comment from: tandjbaker, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 30

I am using this medicine after having fusion back surgery. He said it is to help keep my swelling down. The side effects are harsh though. I have to eat or I get very gittery and I eat ALOT. I can't sleep at night because I wake up sweating so bad and I am breaking out. I am also experiencing bruising and cutting my skin very easily. I was hoping to know how long afer I am off of the medicine does it take to get out of your system.

Comment from: justpancho, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 22

Taken for: Optic Neuritis. By the time I was given this medication, I had lost all vision in my left eye. Within 3 days, I gained most it back (20,30). My doctor kept me on this med for 2 months because the swelling/pain in my legs/knees from Fibromyalgia/Osteoarthritis was greatly reduced. My energy level jumped through the roof. I could get up in the morning (no stiffness) and had the energy to shower, cook breakfast, go shopping. I hadn't been able to do that for 3 years (even with meds like lyrica). He took me off of this drug and my energy dropped and pain slowly returned. I miss this medication even though the side effects are a bit overwhelming. I had massive cravings for food, but I was on the atkins diet so I did not gain any weight (but no loss either). Also, I became very irritable.. almost like I lost my inner censorship voice. I would just say whatever came to mind with no forethought for how it might affect the person listening. Although I found this a bit funny (I usually try way too hard to be a people pleaser), others were not so happy.