Dexedrine User Reviews

Dexedrine - User Reviews

Dexedrine User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dexedrine sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 06

I have been taking Dexedrine Spansules for over ten years along with Prozac and Wellbutrin to treat chronic depression and adult Attention Deficit Disorder. That combination has worked very well for me. On two occasions my psychiatrist and I have tried taking the Dexedrine out of the mix, and both times we have seen my ADD symptoms reappear within a week and my depression worsen after about three weeks.

Related Reading: Dexedrine | Prozac | Wellbutrin

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 19

Adult ADD. No Hyperactivity. I was being treated for Anxiety and depression. Tried 8-10 different medications. Finally, was diagnosed with ADD. Tried Concerta. Bad side effects. Now on Dexedrine Spansules. So, far it is helping a lot.

Related Reading: Anxiety | depression | Concerta

Comment from: azhalfpint, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 20

This Medication has been a God sent! I remember that when ever I have been actually able to recieving this medication I was a more productive individual in 90% of my daily activities. Compared to the normal 20-35% Every time I have my medication I know that my head is finally back on my shoulders and I am able to finally focus and accomplish the tasks I am expected to!!! This is very helpful with my diabetes control and I am thankful that I still have no secondary complications to Diabetes after 25yrs. I have been taking Dexedrine now for a solid 6mo. and have seen the help it has done with my Diabetes!!!

Related Reading: diabetes

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 05

suffered w/depress. adult life;when medicated for add,dex span is only med which made me funtional,w/no side effects;i so wish found it sooner, but grateful now!

Comment from: dmspod@gmail,com, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 09

my concentration improved ,my self confidence was improved beyond any expectation

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: October 20

I was prescibed this drug my senior year in high school and wish I would have had it sooner. I went from dropping out with a 1.0 GPA to graduating and going on to college with a 3.6 GPA. I guess it works!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 25

I have 4 kids who are adhd. 5 years is the longest and 1 the shortest time they have used it.I tried alot of different meds with some terrible side effects. I havnt had anything but very mild ticks they grew out of.i had gpa's go from 1.9 to 3.7 and up. Ilove this drug i think it will make a huge difference in their lives to have a good education.

Related Reading: ticks

Comment from: cswalt, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 28

I have chronic kidney failure and am using peritoneal dialysis. I quickly became depressed and was given Wellbutrin in combination with Paxil and Clonazapam. I found I would not remember to keep my dialysis log book consistent and would forget to even do the dialysis some days not taking medicines. This was leading to even more failing health until I was finally diagnosed with ADD. Within a short amount of time and some trial and error I was given Dexedrine. I began to do much better with my dialysis and my mind was paying attention to what I was doing. I have moderate to high blood pressure but the Dexedrine made very little change to my blood pressure. Dexedrine was the missing drug in my therapy and now with the right combinations of Dexedrine and my other medications my Kidney problems are much better controlled by increased attention and the will to take better care of my possible life threating condition. I am very grateful for this medication.