Dexedrine User Reviews

Dexedrine - User Reviews

Dexedrine User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dexedrine sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: xraycovert, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 27

Focusing isn't as sharp as Ritalin, but seems to allow for better creativity.

Related Reading: Ritalin

Comment from: Momo222, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 24

I have very SEVERE CFIDS/ME and spend about 85% of the time completely bedridden. On the days that I feel I might be able to function a bit, I have to take the Dexedrine in order to be able to get up, dress myself, and go about my day almost like a "normal" person. I was taken off of this med once, and spent an entire year in bed, and went from my always normal weight of 100lbs, to over 200lbs

Comment from: rsdt33, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 27

It has been very difficult to focus on one thing since I have began career, in college alcohol did what add drugs now do which is allow me to focus. I started with adderall about 5yrs ago and now on dex spansules for a year. The dex seems smoother and alot less harsh on my system.

Related Reading: adderall

Comment from: adhdman, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 28

I was taking Adderall XR 30 mg. which cost $4.50/day for 5 years. It tends to wear off after 3 PM. Switched to dexedrine Spansules, take 15 mg. when I awake, 15 mg. 3 hours later. Better than Adderal XR by far and its 22 cents/pill x 2= 44 cents/day

Comment from: Susan, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 25

I wish I could have had Dex. years ago. I stay focused and am not hyper. If I had this when I was in school i'm 100% positive that my grades would have been so much better.

Comment from: bsbbabe, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 04

I just started on Dexedrine a couple weeks ago and I am seeing an improvement...I have add not adhd but it works well for me....I have only had 1 side effect wich is a dry mouth but I will just drink more water!!!!

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: augiesgirl, on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 27

This medication has always worked best for me. Every time a new drug came out, my doctor had me try it to make sure I was using the most effective one. I always came back to Dexedrine - no bad side effects, and very effective. Sadly, Dexedrine Spansule Oral will no longer be manufactured!

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 15

Alot better then Straterra. Really helps with concentration and impulsivity. Although I find that you REALLY have to limit your cafine intake as it will cause the most SEVERE headaches you can every imangine. I also find a HUGE difference when I skip a day; I have no motivation and feel very tired and lazy.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 01

I'm 36 and I've been taking Dexedrine for about 2 years now. It helps me so much with my concentration and I'm more focused with everything. I would reccommed this drug to anyone who has ADD or ADHD. I feel so much better!!!

Related Reading: ADHD

Comment from: CharBerry, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 19

I have been ADD all my life and have tried numerous meds over life time. Ritalin worked ok when younger but Dex changed my life. I can stay focused, get my work done, and feel "normal." I have found it to be harder to manage some of my symptoms as I get older but they are not related to being too hyper that's for sure. I eat well and sleep with taking this medication. My worst problems are with the mail order pharmacy I use and getting to my Dr. who is 2 hrs away.