Dexedrine User Reviews

Dexedrine - User Reviews

Dexedrine User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dexedrine sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: dochobbins, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 29

Upon consult c a Sleep, Fatigue, and Obesity Specialist ; a Dx of "C.N.S. Hypersomnia" was made.The lack of cataplexic Sxs' r/o'd Narcolepsy.Titration to the M.E.D. of 57.5mgs q.24h. in three doses/d.(loading dose in A.M.) was acheived c relative experimentation. The efficacy is superb as this med has been used daily c no presentation of the excessive day-time somnolence for 2.5 years with no tolerance development

Related Reading: Fatigue | Obesity | Hypersomnia

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 06

Here is the real deal on Dexadrine spansules... I started taking this drug at the age of 14 when I was a freshman in high school. It definately helped my attention span. It is definately not for hyperactivity as it is legal speed. The reason in most of these reviews people say they were unmotivated and could not get out of be without it is because its speed. I took it for most of my teens and into my 20's. I will telly you that it does help you concentrate but it is true if you dont take it you dont get out of bed and can become very nasty. I recall having major fights with family members because I became so nasty. I can also tell you that this drug is extremely addicting. At one point I was self prescribing dexadrine spansuals because I thougth one was never enough but two was to many. So I would break them open and eat the "beads". This drug is great for keeping the wieght off. After taking this drug for nearly 14 years I put on a 100 lbs when I came off of it. I had to gradually work my way off of it. This drug will definately take over your life but after all it is good for keeping your attention span

Related Reading: teens

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 12

I am 25, and my 4 year old son and I have ADHD, we are both on Dexedrine, and its a miracle! I love it, my son is the little boy i knew i always had but was never able to "see" and i was on Strattera at first with no result other than bad side effects. This has been helping me with my job and also helped my little man excel in school, and not have outburst and break things anymore :)

Related Reading: Strattera

Comment from: ADDMom, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 05

I am 25 with ADD. I was tested for it my Kindergarden year and tested for a Learning Disablity too. I tried Ritalin but it made me really sick to my stomach. But my dad takes Ritalin for Narcolepsy and it works great for him but not for me. I started taking Dexedrin in 5th grade. It helped me out so much all through school. It was sad on the days I forgot to take it my teachers, my parents and my friends could tell I didnt take it. Now my husband can tell. If I dont take it, it is really hard for me to do day to day chores including taking care of my kids and I could sleep all day and all night. I did stop taking it when I was pregnant. But I do believe this medication works Wonderful!!

Related Reading: Narcolepsy

Comment from: kiddo1279, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 28

I have been on dexedrine for 13 years. It is the best thing I have ever taken for my attention problem. I stay focused and actually ask for more work because I stay so far ahead on my job. It's great!

Comment from: southernwhiteboy, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 19

Quite simply way better than Adderall. Smooth and gentle.

Comment from: thunderroad222, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 15

very effective for my condition but lately I have been experiencing chest colds, coughing and shortness of breath